Bonnieville t120 engine rebuild cost

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Tom17, Nov 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tom17

Tom17 New Member

May 10, 2015
    Manchester
    hi all,

i am considering buying a t120 bonneville 650 with the engine out and disassembled. i plan to try and build the engine again myself but this being my first bike and my first bike build i dont have that much confidence in myself with regards to the engine. everything else i am more than happy with.

my question is... say i do decide that it is too much for me, how much would it cost at a rough guess to take then engine somewhere to be built?

apparently everything is with the engine and in good condition. or is there anybody known on these forums who rebuilds the t120 engines that lives in north west England and what sort of a cost would they be looking at?

any contacts or information of companies or places i could speak to would be great.
    would also be great to speak to somebody who has had their 650 engine rebuilt who could advise where they went how much they paid and how happy they were etc?
    cheers

2. Tom17

Tom17 New Member

May 10, 2015
    Manchester
    that would be the perfect result if i could find somebody willing to show me.
    thanks for the idea i will search that now and have a look!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tom17
    Even these peeps on here are a knowledge lot. Helped me with my t140. And thanks to people like DozerDad and many others on here its running a treat. Its not all that difficult just need a nice clean space and like the peeps on here told me a proper triumph workshop manual nothing else and take it stage by stage.
    Good Luck
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome, good luck with your project....
    Wessa

• Agree Agree x 1