Bonnie Recall

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Cupoftea, Mar 22, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. NightRider

NightRider Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Europe
    The wiring harness should normally be better protected from the outset if it's not separated from Bowden cables. The subsequent wrapping with insulating tape or similar materials is actually not the industry standard. Apparently, the people of your repair shop are not willing to carry out the prescribed procedure. In your place, I would spare myself the hassle and solve the problem with my own resources. : unamused:

2. T120Newb

T120Newb New Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Syracuse NY
    I've removed the cable from tidy which is what was originally done with the old cable. Now it doesn't rest on the wiring harness. I'll make something to hold it away from the harness later on, but for now this will work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. T120Newb

T120Newb New Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Syracuse NY
    Looks similar, I'd check to see how the harness looks under there. I'd also just undue it from the tidy and save yourself the worry.

4. NightRider

NightRider Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Europe
    I also think that would be the best solution. Turn the handlebar in both directions until it stops and observe how the individual lines move. Bowden cables and/or hydraulic lines should always run without contact to electric cables. In general, the harness should also be designed in such a way that bus lines run separately from supply lines. Sometimes I feel like strangling some of these dilettantes with their own misconstructions! :bomb: