Bonnie Recall

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Cupoftea, Mar 22, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    If it's a Triumph dealer they aren't doing their job because it's prominently posted on the TOL Notice Board they are supposed to read every day.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nolan 73

Nolan 73 Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Hampshire
    Many thanks for this called my local dealer after waiting all day for a call back I phoned them back. They said they was not away of any recalls when I told them it is on the main triumph website they said oh that one there’s no rush to get it done yet But still have my street twin booked in to get it done.

3. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    That's not quite the attitude I would expect a dealer I was using to take... Might want to consider going elsewhere in future.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    Here in the states the manuf (Triumph, or any vehicle manuf) is supposed to contact the owner about a safety recall. Not necessarily the dealer. I have received nothing from Triumph to date. I found out about this recall on this forum and I had to call them. I think a law is being broken here.

And what is really troubling to me is that this issue has been around since the original 2016 Street Twin came out. And there are no differences in the 2016/2017/2018 design except for color. Seems to me Triumph is not concerned for customer safety, just new sales !! And it would have been much cheaper for Triumph to fix the issue before the 2017's came out. Now the dealers need to fix 60,000+ bikes world wide. Probably a lot more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Question for you @Rich Bryce Is this a safety recall or a technical service bulletin of some kind? A Ford of mine in the distant past had not received a valve update via a TSB and the supplying dealer told me to do one when I asked about it (never went there again of course). My last bike had a recall twice for dodgy reg/rec batches and the notes came in official brown envelopes and the recalls on my current Fords arrived in similar fashion. Can you clear this up for us?

6. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I've got a note to self to speak to the Warranty Manager next week to find out who should have informed who what when and how.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Nolan 73

Nolan 73 Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Hampshire
    I know what you mean to be honest the service department has never given me great confidence. Unfortunately there is no other triumph dealer close to me.

8. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    It is a safety recall.

9. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Different countries may have different rules for this sort of thing so I was curious about what classification it has over here. A service bulletin for us is usually something a dealer is meant to check and tweak next time they see the vehicle but there is no campaign to get all vehicles in for it. A recall however is usually for urgent and/or safety issues and all registered owners get notified. I've not had any official contact hence my question.

It will be interesting to know how it is being handled in all the countries represented by the resident lunatics we have on this forum :p.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    Go to Triumph's own website - recall section and type on your VIN number. The Triumph recall number for the street twin is SRAN 560. Triumph's own recall web site says it can lead to a crash. Here in her states Triumph is supposed to contact the owner. I have not been contacted to date. But my local dealer also said it was an official recall and to bring in my bike and they will fix for free. As I see it Triumph is breaking US law by not notifying owners.

11. DaveJC

DaveJC Member

Dec 5, 2018
    norfok
    Yep - my Street Twin has been in. Small clip fitted apparently. Took about 20 minutes. Dave

12. Brigalo

Brigalo New Member

Mar 22, 2019
    Manchester
    I had mine changed in October under warranty, they replaced my cable and fitted the new re-designed cable bracket.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Holly, how long has the recall been?

14. Brigalo

Brigalo New Member

Mar 22, 2019
    Manchester
    I didn't get a recall.. someone on a FB post spotted that my cable was worn so i contacted my dealer.. they replaced it that week.

15. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Oh OK thanks for the reply.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    I emailed Triumph UK about the lack of info regarding the recall and where's the email/letter from them stating the problem.

Obviously no reply.

17. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    I didn't get a recall letter either - first I heard of it was last week on this very website. Rang my dealer (Jack Lilley Romford) and they said bring it (2016 T120) in. Did it this morning and took about 20 mins.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Hugh had his done this morning at Pure T Woburn. I've still not had any official notification yet either.

19. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    I checked mine this morning and booked it for next week, will drop it off on Saturday and collect next weekend again.

7FAD601E-05D4-43CC-BBC9-6E03D3A6C63C.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Eastbournemark

Eastbournemark Proud Snowflake

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    Hi all
    Got round to the dealers today to get the wiring rubing on the headstock sorted. I asked them why hadn’t received a recall notice. Turns out the dealer (Destination Triumph) who I bought the bike off second hand hadn’t notified Triumph of change of ownership. Usefully, Gedge of St Leonard’s, Sussex retro notified Triumph of the change so I should get email notifications in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1