Bonnie Due For A Service, What About Warranty?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by BSATREV, Apr 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BSATREV

BSATREV Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Birkenhead
    Hi All,

My 2019 Street Twin is due for it's first annual service on April 12, but of course all the Triumph dealers are shut. Does anybody know how this will affect the warranty ? I have looked on dealers' websites but the Covid 19 messages do not mention anything to do with this.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I think there’s a few posts scattered around here some where, if you use Triumph parts and follow the checklist, keep the documentation I believe you should be alright.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BSATREV

BSATREV Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Birkenhead
    Hi I am using the bike, as a school caretaker I can't work from home and the school is still open for children of key workers. As I don't go far at present it is all at 30 mph. The bike has done 5400 miles and about 4500 since it's last service. I was thinking of doing an oil change with a genuine filter as I'm concerned about the engine not really getting hot while commuting.

• Like Like x 2
  4. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I think Youles in Manchester might still be open.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yearly oil changes are recommended, no matter what the mileage, so if you’ve got the bits and you know what you’re doing i’d go ahead with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    I have a 2018 Street Twin and do all my own maintenance. You don't have to take it to a dealer. All that is really needed is to do an oil / filter change; and check / adjust / clean / lube the chain. And recommended to go over the bike and re-torque all critical fasteners. Really not much else. And keep records of what you do. And DIY will not affect the warranty.

7. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I think you’re right. I’m on their mailing list and the last one said they were still working on bikes. You take it in, leave it outside the shop with keys in it, they come out, wipe it down, take it in and do the work, wipe it down again and return it. I guess it’s up to you to decide if it’s ‘essential’ or not.
    Triumph aren’t going to let a delay in having a first service,
    due to the virus, affect the warranty. That would be extremely bad publicity, especially as so many other organisations are relaxing their rules.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2