Bonnie customisation

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by EdL, Jan 7, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. EdL

EdL New Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Hi there, thinking about turning my t100 into a cafe racer. I can't stand those rear indicators so probably need to get them off, I don't think i could find a cheaper plastic if I tried. Any recommendations for handle bar conversions to more of a Thruxton style are welcome. There is a video of my bike below, I do love her just think she needs some attention. I have bought a new seat cover which is yet to be fitted and am thinking about ditching the chrome parts. Any thoughts on what you would do are welcome.

Ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW3DwSH2Z1w

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Nice video, came as a suprise as it's very well laid out

3. EdL

EdL New Member

Jan 7, 2015
    ah thanks, Im hoping to do a 5 minute film when i get the time. Maybe when the weather picks up.

4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    I have an 04 T100 and have already changed the bars and am in the process of changing the indicators and rear light. Got my bars on ebay - they are LSL 1" Harley bars (according to the advert) - 27" wide and with only a 2" rise as opposed to 29" and 5" rise of the stock bars, so maybe the sort of thing you are looking for. Have ordered a set of Thruxton cats eye indicators in black with rear location brackets to fit off the top of the shocks and a front relocation bracket to fit behind the regulator. Have a Lucas rear light to replace the "starship" nonsense at the back! I also bought front and rear mudguards from a Scrambler - not quite cafe racer style, but I prefer the shorter look to the stock ones (but these need to be spayed yet).
    Got the Scrambler shocks while I was at it, which are 20mm longer than stock Bonnie ones. They apparently sharpen the handling without wrecking stability at speed, although with my limited experience I haven't noticed too much difference, but for me the extra height is better with a pillion passenger and the bike feels more stable. (centre stand still works and its a doddle to put the bike on it now - but you need a bit of wood under it to enable back wheel to rotate).

5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Sorry Edl IMG_20141210_100101.jpg IMG_20141208_140631904_HDR.jpg , meant to post a couple of pics of the bars for you.

IMG_20141210_100101.jpg

IMG_20141208_140631904_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Great video.

7. Greeny

Greeny Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Ed

I've just done a full strip down and custom rebuild of a 2008 T100

8. Greeny

Greeny Member

Jun 17, 2014
    It's taken several months and I'm nearly there. Learnt lots on the way. Happy to discuss and help if I can. I've practically rebuilt the whole bike and cost wise it's been really quite good. There's a big mkt out there for second hand bonny parts and an even bigger mkt for custom parts.

Regards

Simon

image.jpg

image.jpg

9. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
  10. Greeny

Greeny Member

Jun 17, 2014