Bonneville Wanted

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by taffytoon, Apr 16, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. taffytoon

taffytoon Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Cardiff
    Never mind evilbay Rich I got £3800 cash here waiting pal ;)

• Like Like x 3
  2. taffytoon

taffytoon Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Cardiff
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    It's not happened yet and until it does it's for sale :)

4. Raven

Raven New Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Mk
    Surely the courier was out of order to suggest such silly times! Move on mate!

5. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I'll take some close up pictures so you can see the bad bits. I've done nearly 6000 miles on it since buying it August 2015 from a technician type bloke who well maintained it. I've had it looked after by Flitwick Motorcycles who used to be a Triumph main dealer. Their technician, Charles, is highly regarded - his name can be found under a lot of classic restorations in classic bike mags.

I'm looking for £4,100. £4,250 if I have to tart it up for Ebay/Auto Trader with all the chrome properly burnished. It's got 2:1 pipes, Ikon rear shocks, some Norman Hyde stuff, low bars, the usual performance mods, fly screen, rack. Brand new rear tyre. Recent front tyre. Just had its 18k service. MOT till Sept. No advisories and will sail through next one.

If you are genuinely interested we could ride out and meet halfway-ish some time. You can look it over and if you like it strike the deal, then arrange collection. If you don't we can at least enjoy a cuppa/drink together.

There's some pics of it in my gallery.

• Like Like x 3
  6. taffytoon

taffytoon Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Cardiff
    Not sure on the low bars fella with my back haha.

7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Not that low mate. Just nicer looking than the standard. I did have the originals but for the life of me can't remember where they were put - maybe still in the rafters of my old garage.

• Like Like x 1
  8. taffytoon

taffytoon Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Cardiff
    Get some detailed pics up :)

9. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Of the rafters?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I'll de-mothball Bonnie this weekend and take a few candid snaps.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Howard64180

Howard64180 New Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Askam in Furness
    Apologies that my recommended courier turned out to be duff. It sounds like he was just trying to squeeze it in. At least in the long run this cloud had a silver lining.

I have found that most couriers do contact the seller direct. (I've used lots, which makes me sound like a bike dealer. I'm not, I just have a short attention span and change bikes regularly.)

• Like Like x 1
  12. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi Rich, which bars did you fit? I will be looking for some lower bars for mine at some point and would be interested to know what you have on yours. I think the stock bar has a 5" rise - but 2 or 3" would suit me. :D

13. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    • Like Like x 1
  14. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    They sound like the ones! Cheers :D:D

15. taffytoon

taffytoon Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Cardiff
  16. taffytoon

taffytoon Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Cardiff
    He has said he will take £3800 with the extras and also new helmet; gloves and wet weather gear as he is giving up totally. Really dubious now dealing with eBay sellers haha

17. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Same colour as mine, a year older, 10k fewer miles, and although less tricked out it still looks a v.good price. Those extras don't really add much value to the bike, but at £3,800 I'd grab it so long as it is HPI clear. If on close inspection it isn't as advertised you just decline to hand over the cash and tell ebay 'not as advertised'. If you wait much longer the better weather will harden prices.

A return rail ticket on Sunday is 3hrs 30mins each way and only £40. At worst you'll have time to get in to a good book.

Then get on the Bonnie section and you'll get advice on the basic no-cost performance mods you can do.

btw, those racks aren't designed to take much weight - a helmet in that box and not much more really.

18. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Mate I've seen that bike and ............:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    I use Total Car Check for hpi £9 full report and they take paypal nice and easy hth

• Like Like x 1
  20. taffytoon

taffytoon Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Cardiff
    Glad you're on here pal haha