Bonneville T120 Exhaust Advice

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Keith Harris, Apr 19, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I think you're missing some brackets to get the heatshield back on. I can't comment on the rest of it but if it were me and things didn't fit without fudging I'd go back to the retailer with the problem.

They both look too close to the swingarm to me.

2. Keith Harris

Keith Harris New Member

Apr 19, 2020
    Norway
    #42 Keith Harris, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Apparently the Weslake x-pipe dispenses with the heat shield according to the blurb. Now I just have to find out why the exhausts are too close to the swing arm. I also found a thread on the Triumph Rat forum by riders with exactly the same problem with the clearance. According to BC there should be 3/8ths inch clearance but on the RHS the clearance is about 3mm and on the LHS no clearance without sitting on the bike or stressing the exhaust fitments . I might try bending the OEM bracket slightly and remount the exhaust.

Keith

3. Brixton Steve

Brixton Steve Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Devon
    Got a '19 T120 wasnt impressed with suspension back or front. Have now fitted Hagon 2810s on rear and their Progressive springs on front end. Wow, what a difference, handling improved greatly as has comfort. The wife a lot happier on the back to. Definitely worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FatLadsRacing

FatLadsRacing Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2019
    South Shields, England
    Brixton Steve
    Good to hear re Hagons. My next purchase me thinks, along with right pipes.

• Like Like x 1