Bonneville T100 tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by BillK, Feb 15, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Eric_H

Eric_H Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    I got the bike with 3500 on the clock so they were half worn when I got the bike but I do like Metzlers so thought having used them back in the day I'd stick with them. I will probably go with another brand next tire change though and more than likely Avon Roadriders having read good things about them over the last few months.

2. roadtrip

roadtrip Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Scotland
    nothing wrong with your allegiance to Metzeler, just the Z2 is not one of their finest!

don't forget you're all radial at the moment. IMO switching back to bias ply is a retrograde step. I would stick with all radial whatever make /model of tyre you choose.

• Like Like x 1
  3. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    I had Metzeler's on my ex-plod BMW R80 quite a few years back, seemed fine for that but would prefer the Avons over anything else on any bike I've had excepting my Aprilia RST 1000, I had Pilots on the, stuck like baby poo to a nappy, except over 3 sets I could not get more than 3000 miles out of a rear.
    On the Triumph I have a brand new Avon Roadrider fitted on the front by previous owner for last MOT, but a BT something-or-other on the back, 3mm of tread left, seems to be o.k. but will get me over Christmas then another Avon will go on.
    Any body remember the original Road Runners of the 70's?
    Had them fitted to my new Suzi GT250 as the O.E. Bridgestones were made out of plastic and had no grip at all in the wet!
    Terry

4. Rmg916

Rmg916 Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Heanor, Derbyshire
    I've got these on my 04 with tubes and they are fine in the dry, dunno about wet road riding and not been off-road with them.

5. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    New Avon Roadrider AM 26 arrived today, hope to get it fitted early next week.
    Got it off eBay, then found it came from BIKESPEED UK, 2 miles up the road from me, although the seller said some where in Aberdeen!
    Went up there 'safternoon to have a look, good bunch and LOADS of stuff, great to know I can get all consumable items so close to home!

• Like Like x 1
  6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That's excellent news for you HO.

7. tumpbro

tumpbro Member

Sep 13, 2014
    pontypridd
    Just had my second avon roadrider fitted to rear wheel, the one coming off had done 10k, the original metz only managed 4k.
    Loads of tread left on edges but centre tread was gone so started weaving on centrelines, lane arrows etc.
    My original front metz did 8k, avon front is on 6k so far.
    Triumph dealer insisted on fitting metz so went elsewhere. Totally rubbished avon but mileage proves him wrong. Overpricing pisses me off with Triumph, won't buy another one!

8. T0pcat

T0pcat Member

Oct 24, 2018
    UK
    I've a Mk1 '04 800 T100. I have OEM Bridgestones on it still. I've never been happy with them but I like to keep tyres matched so as a result of punctures, I've never had to change both together. Prior to purchasing the Bonnie, I had a CBX and a Sprint. I ran Avon Super Venoms on them. most of my old iron ran on roadrunners before that. I'm bringing the Bonnie back into action after a spell Sorned and new tyres are an essential part. This has been useful thread for me, are the Am26's still extant and is there anything better?

9. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I have Michelin Pilot Activs on my T100. Superb for all normal purposes. Sticky, durable, good in the wet and track accurately over irregularities.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. T0pcat

T0pcat Member

Oct 24, 2018
    UK
    I will consider them. The road riders seem to have a good press though and I'm a long (very long) time fan of the make.

11. Paulreade

Paulreade New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Cheshire
    Hi guys,
    I have a T100 efi 865cc 2013. I have customised it a little and would like to fit a slightly chunkier tyre to it, without breaking the budget. It has the original metzelers on at present which are awful. It's not ridden hard and would like to achieve a slight ' cafe racer look' if possible. Any thoughts where to start ?

12. Paulreade

Paulreade New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Cheshire
    Hi guys,
    I have a T100 efi 865cc 2013. I have customised it a little and would like to fit a slightly chunkier tyre to it, without breaking the budget. It has the original metzelers on at present which are awful. It's not ridden hard and would like to achieve a slight ' cafe racer look' if possible. Any thoughts where to start ?

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Samuel F

Samuel F Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Hi @Paulreade, I have my T100 Black 2015, and have the same idea. Looking for 'Good looking' tires without compromising safety. I have heard all kind of feedback on the Avon Safety Mileadge MKII paired with the speedmaster, so I'm still not sold on it. But I trust this forum to give us worthy answers...

14. Dodgeyboy

Dodgeyboy New Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Norfolk
    Hi ,don’t know if it’s any help but I was recommended Avon cobras!

15. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    I have worked for Avon for 27 years (on the car side). They have invested hugely on updating the motorcycle product and quality over the last five years

Now have OE fitment on Bobber, KTM 750 Advnture and the new Rocket.
    Best of all - still made in UK.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Haha.........but seriously ;);)

17. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Nice try! Unfortunately even I don’t get a discount on the motorcycle stuff. Tight gits that they are.