Bonneville T100 missing at low revs

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Bigyellowdigger, May 25, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bigyellowdigger

Bigyellowdigger New Member

May 13, 2014
    Shoreham by sea
    Bonneville T100 missing at low revs. The symptoms were like a faulty spark plug at idle but it would clear at higher revs. If I took off the right side plug lead the engine would still sound the same. I replaced the right side plug cap and removed the left side, the engine would stop.
    After checking that both plugs were sparking, I removed the right side float chamber. This can be done quite easily without removing the carbs.
    I then removed the pilot jet, this is situated next to the main jet but 20mm deep
    in carb body. You will need to make up a dumpy screwdriver bit to fit up the hole to remove it.
    When you get the pilot jet out you should be able to see a clear hole though the screw slot end with the aid of light, but don't be misled if it looks clear.
    Get a wire brush and pull out one of the wires with your pliers, use this to put through the jet hole and twist the jet around to remove any build up on the hole. Blow out any debris and take another look through the hole, you should see a clearer light. If you have access to an ultra sonic tank give it a couple of minutes just to make sure it's completely clean.
    It should now run more evenly. You may want to check the balance just to get it perfect.
    Hope this helps someone solve the mis firing problem.

• Like Like x 3
  2. bogbrush48

bogbrush48 New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Mine is slightly misfiring too at low revs, thanks for the pointer.