Bonneville Fuel Filter

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TonyG, Apr 29, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Manual says to replace every 12,000 miles. Does anyone really do that, especially as a new one is about £45? I'm going to be removing my fuel pump in any case so was going to do it until I looked up the price!

Thanks

2. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Looks like Mahle fuel filters do a direct replacement for about £12.50, anybody used these?

Thanks

3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    UK sourced fuel? Candidly, no need.....

4. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Not sure I understand, this is the fuel filter in the tank, do you mean just not worth changing? Tank and fuel filter are apart anyway.

Cheers

5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I mean that servicing schedules are not market specific. You should change oil as recommended but if you are not refuelling in Third World forecourts with dirty ground tanks your fuel filter might easily last 2 or 3 times as long.

6. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Ah, understood and agree. I was only thinking about it because I have the fuel pump out anyway. Didn't really want to spend £45 on the oem one but wondered if the Mahle one at £12 was worth it while it was all apart anyway.

thanks