Bonneville Exhaust/silencers

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by TriBriBon, Jul 11, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TriBriBon

TriBriBon Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    My son has a Tiger XC amongst other rides.
    He had a new pair of Metzelers fitted to it recently, put a couple of hundred miles on it and then rode 2 up down to Biarritz and back for Wheels and Waves, probably clocked about 3.5k on them now.
    There are totally square now, he's been back to the tyre fitter's and they say it's par for the course for those on that bike, yet they recommended them !!!
    Trouble is it runs a relatively narrow tyre and does mostly straight road running, dual carriageways etc. He breaks out his Thruxton R for hooning on when his misses stays at home.

2. BBBMLJ

BBBMLJ Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Kent
    My recent MOT check resulted in my America failing is MOT because of the exhausts.
    The triumph dealer sold the exhausts a few years ago and they fitted them to the bike for the previous owner.
    Since then the same dealer has checked and passed the bike for its MOT.
    However, for the latest MOT check the very same dealer says the exhausts aren't legal for highway use despite them selling the exhausts, fitting them and passing at least 2 previous MOT's!!!

Has anyone else struck this?
    Any solutions?

Thank you

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Get some cheap standard ones and fit them for the mot or take it to a non triumph tester, I've had mine passed, failed then an advisory, the first 2 by triumph dealers, it's all the luck of the draw!