Bonneville Exhaust/silencers

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by TriBriBon, Jul 11, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Hi jj,
    Glad you like the pipes thought you would be pleased when you get it out on the road it will make you smile like a cheshire cat I promise get well soon,
    Nick.

2. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Hi TBB,

Yes a bit strange how it all worked out in the end. Bit of karma involved methinks.

Thanks for the kind words. Think I'll be taking tablets for some time.

Hope the polisher arrived on time and is getting plenty of use.

Thanks Nick,

Marvellous service with the pipes delivery. Next day, first thing. Beautifully packaged too. I could only look and admire them for a few days. Definitely looking forward to a road test.

Again, thanks for the kind words.

JJ

3. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    I done them with solvol autosol (best polish you can buy for your bike in a tube)and made sure there were no fingerprints on them pipes im a little anal like that please share some pics with us all of your bike when all is done,
    Nick.

4. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Oh Nick, I just gotta say, what an absolute aural delight from the togas. Finally got to try them yesterday. You're dead right, Cheshire cat doesn't come close. I thought the unbaffled zard slip on fitted to my tiger was a nice pipe. But those togas are on a different level. As you can probably tell I'm well chuffed. :p

Nice amount of burble and pop on the over run and the engine pulls sweetly. No need for a remap. Will probably leave the Ai system alone too.

Cheers mate,

JJ

5. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Hi jj
    Im glad your happy with the result I didnt care much for the popping and banging so eliminated the AIS and for the second reason it was running very lean after an inspection of the plugs its only emissions and can be put back safely as used the pump blank resistor block and third reason I didnt care much for the unsightly rod things that covered the plug caps still all this down to personal choice its your bike after all,
    The Togas are so well finished in proper metal with nice seam welds I think yes theyre pricey but you only get what you pay for still looking at the arrow 2 into 2 but its big money so I managed to obtain a set of cheap tors to put on for the moment we shall see what the future holds.

6. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Hi Nick,

You make a very good case ( x3 ) to remove the AI system. I may well follow your lead. Must admit I don't like the associated plumbing for it at all. I've watched delboys video on the subject. Looks fairly straightforward.

Next priority for my bike is some decent shocks. That banging and crashing into pot holes I get with mine is horrible.

Good luck with the arrow system. You know you need it. :p

JJ

7. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Yes it's an easy job well worth it only £18 ish the chap sends from Athens eBay I'll drop you the link if you like shocks well I got lucky on those found a set of progressives USA on eBay £60 ok not the cheapest at about 250 dollars new but look great and a silky smooth ride
    I bought my bike from blade Swindon rode it to Bristol and after that nasty spine jolting experience I ripped the originals straight off

8. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Thanks Nick, would you pm me that link please.

As for the crashing into pot holes it's downright bloody dangerous. I should really have sorted that before the pipes. Luckily I'm getting quite good at spotting and riding round the worst holes. But there always one to catch you unawares.

That was a nice find, your eBay shocks. Will keep my eyes open for some.

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. TriBriBon

TriBriBon Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    #29 TriBriBon, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    IMG_9809.JPG I picked these up earlier today as an eBay purchase from Destination Triumph, just finish stripping the nasty Blue Anodizing and will polish the newly stripped parts tomorrow.

10. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Nice set of shocks you have there

11. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    That's a nice looking pair there TBB. That new polishing machine is getting some use. :p

JJ

12. TriBriBon

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    Thanks Nick, I saw them last week on their eBay site, but because of the Blue Anodizing I um'd and ar'd over getting them.
    After a bit of research on how to remove anodizing I rang them, put in an offer and they accepted it.
    They were fitted by them to a customers bike and he didn't like them, so had them swapped within a 100 miles !!!!
    I even got the original bill for supply and fitting, mindblowing what some folk will pay at stealers. I paid less than a third of the price for new Hagon Nitro's.
    They would have passed for new every day of the week.

JJ, no need for the polisher this time, just good old Mothers metal polish and plenty of elbow grease.

On the look out now for a set of progressive fork springs.

HT. Spot on.

TBB.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. TriBriBon

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    Bit of an update, got the offending anodized part polished up today and fitted shocks to bike, not sure about them tbh, I might paint the mounts for a bit of contrast :rolleyes:

IMG_9809.JPG

IMG_9810.JPG

IMG_9811.JPG

IMG_9815.JPG

IMG_9816.JPG

14. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Amazing job good finish love them as they are no need to paint only one problem I can see there mounted upsidedown :confused:

15. TriBriBon

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    A trip to Specsavers might be in order for you Nick :joy:

16. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Hehe only joking how do you get on with those avons ive just fitted them myself only 200 miles on them but they good well grippy its just a matter of how long they last out anything an improvement on the metzelers

17. TriBriBon

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    The Avon's seem ok, but like you I've not put many miles on them yet.
    As you say they are a vast improvement on the Met's
    My old ones were squarer than a square thing, they were that bad the bike stood up on it's own, no need to use the stand :D

How's the search going for the 2 into 2 ? I saw a system on Fleabay earlier, open to offers, but listed at well over £400.

TBB.

18. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Im running the progressive 412s this way love them

IMG_5194.jpg

19. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Yes those ME2 metzelers wernt the best front one went square after riding 150 miles rear one was on its way to square they were on the bike when I purchased so cant really complain the exhaust is on the to do list and when the wifey allows it

20. TriBriBon

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    They look nice Nick, I was looking for a more conventional upgrade for mine, but the price on the Nitro's was too tempting to pass up.
    I like your seat unit, is it from BBB ? I picked up a spanking new Brown one for a song a few weeks back, goes well with my Green & Cream paintwork.
    It's a bit lower than the standard seat, which suites my rather short legs :worried:

IMG_9673.JPG

• Like Like x 1