Bonneville America 2008 Efi

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Bernard Archer, Feb 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi and welcome.

2. Bernard Archer

Bernard Archer New Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Nottingham
    Thanks for the offer but I’ve just ordered the new exhaust from Fowler’s, hopefully here tomorrow. Good luck with the sale of yours.

3. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Very true. ...J.D.

4. Bernard Archer

Feb 24, 2020
    Nottingham
    Thanks again for all of your friendly welcomes.

All sorted with long Tor exhaust, right hand one from Fowlers, left hand from World of Triumph.

Should have them fitted for the weekend. I’ll get the bike re-mapped at Pidcocks in long Eaton, then ready for a ride out.

5. Bernard Archer

Feb 24, 2020
    Nottingham
    Anyone any ideas about getting a re-map after changing exhausts for a different type? I’ve been told it’s essential to get a re-map by some, and others say it’s not necessary!!

6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Bernard, I would argue that if you leave the inlet side of the engine (airbox, air filter etc) as standard, then changing the end cans should not affect the fuelling sufficiently to require a remap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bernard Archer

Feb 24, 2020
    Nottingham
    Thanks for your input, this is all very new to me. the cost of a remap is £35 so I might just go for it. Apart from the money I’ve got nothing to lose.

8. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    OK Bernard so when you go for the remap can I suggest you take a usb key with you, so the remapper can download the original map onto the usb key so you have a copy of it, just in case.

9. Bernard Archer

Feb 24, 2020
    Nottingham
    I’d never thought as bout getting a copy of the olcc dc ma
    Thats a good idea, I’d never thought of a copy of the old map. I’ll take one with me and ask them to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bernard Archer

Feb 24, 2020
    Nottingham
    I’d never thought as bout getting a copy of the olcc dc ma
    Thats a good idea, I’d never thought of a copy of the old map. I’ll take one with me and ask them to do that.

11. Daniel Wright

Daniel Wright Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Cannock, Staffordshire
    Hi Don’t know if you have sorted your exhaust problem I live not far from Cannock and I have a pair of slash cut exhaust in very good condition I no longer have an America, drop a line if they are of any use.
    Danny

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bernard Archer

Feb 24, 2020
    Nottingham
    Hi Danny
    Thanks for the offer but I’ve managed to get hold of a pair of new long Tor exhaust.
    Bernard

• Like Like x 1
  13. MB59

MB59 New Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Burnham on sea
    Hi Bernard, I’m a pretty new member as well but have been biking for awhile and same age as you. If you’re not already i strongly recommend you join an advanced motorcycle club who just might give you a few more tools to stay safe and avoid Joe Public in there tanks trying to wipe you out on there way to the shops or the school run.......Happy biking

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bernard Archer

Feb 24, 2020
    Nottingham
    Thanks for that information, going to advanced riding is something that I’ve been planning to do