Bonneville aftermarket bars

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by wildhenry, Oct 6, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. wildhenry

wildhenry New Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Brighton
    Hello......Is there anyone out there?
    I've had loads of replies on the Triumph rat site...... on this site NIL!

Hello ....Is there anyone out there?

wildhenry,

• Like Like x 1
  2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #2 Screwball, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
    No. Noone here....But if you've had loads of replies on the other site, are their replies crap?

3. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Nobody here but us chickens...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Monkeyjoe

Monkeyjoe Active Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Ayrshire
    Bddddaaaahhhh! Buck buck! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. gregster

gregster New Member

Feb 9, 2014
    not bad that "rat site" eh!!!

6. arremm

arremm New Member

May 2, 2014
    You've gatta be kidding!

7. MD99

MD99 Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Hi,

Seriously folks, has anyone put some chrome wider bars on a T100 ( 1 inch/25mm bars) like the "western" ones or Scrambler style ones and done so without any mods like longer control cables,hoses or wiring?

Thanks

8. arremm

arremm New Member

May 2, 2014
    I bought a pair from Custom Fastners, standard traditional semi straight bars, they are about 840 wide. I had no problems with cables and the position is brilliant, they were around £47 , have a look .

9. MD99

MD99 Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks for that...is this the bar you got ...any pic available??

BAR102 Standard Bars (1" diameter, no wiring dimples) New
    These 1" diameter standard style bars measure 33" wide, 21/2" rise, 5" pullback with 9" centre width.

Price: £37.50

Also did you get new Triumph grips ( cost £?) or can the origional ones come off easily,don`t want to muck them up so I can return the bike to stock if needed.

Great info,thanks!

10. arremm

arremm New Member

May 2, 2014
    Hi,
    Yes they are the ones, I had a problem getting the original grips off but I had already purchased a pair of traditional Triumph lookalikes from Burton Bike Bits here's the thread, they really look the part Beston GT Handlebar Grips 1" - Universal Motorcycles - New Bonneville Parts.
    I have a photo , but I'm not too sure how to post but I'll have a go. If it doesn't work send me your email address and I will send it. The seat came from Burtons as well.
    Best of luck

Ross Marshall 2014-06-30 20.39.44.jpg

2014-06-30 20.39.44.jpg

11. MD99

MD99 Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Great info and pic,thanks!

I have just ordered the bars and a Triumph LHS grip for £8.Some have suggested using hairspray to remove the grip. Have a small no scratching tool and open the grip at the in board end and squirt with hairspray, then ease a little at a time while it is still liquid,keep doing this until it is off.

I got a Thruxton seat with my 2013 ( ex demo) T100, but your seat does look better with the trim and gold logo.Does it give you anymore leg room,ie is it higher than stock?

Martin, CR2