Bmf Say You Can Ride Your Bike During Lockdown

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rooster, Nov 11, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Personally I think they are wrong. But let’s see what everyone else thinks of the statement they published today.

ABBD15C1-1149-4694-B19B-D27E9C190C8C.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Ahh for once living in Scotland has a positive benefit in terms of Covid! We aren't in Lockdown and my area in particular is low risk and also, apparently in Scotland the law can request you not travel and even tell you not to travel but they can't enforce a restriction on travel. Now, if it would only stop pissing down long enough to actually make a 'jolly' out on my bikes enjoyable I will be a happy bunny!

The big question of course is does your insurance cover you riding during lockdown?

• Like Like x 5
  3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Vague law is bad law. Because this stuff was enacted under Public Health rather than Civil Emergency legislation it contains a lot of bluffology designed to inhibit rather than actually prohibit. Moreover there are visible differences in how it is being policed. The thickest are the ones pushing their luck with public goodwill and ignoring the role of consent in our system. We are not yet a police state and I hope we would kick off mightily before accepting one.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    When all this started, all those months back, I was 100% behind the ruling and stuck to it rigidly. However, as this fiasco of viral hide & seek continues I am less inclined to do so. Yes, cover your face in enclosed public places, yes clean/sanitise your hands as and when you can and yes, do maintain social distancing, otherwise - just fucking well crack on with life!

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Iamtheonlyone

Iamtheonlyone Senior Member

Jul 23, 2019
    The North
    FREEEEEEDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMM

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Iamtheonlyone

Jul 23, 2019
    The North
    Its all playing into the hands of the sheeples, the snowflakes and the lefties.

All I need is £100k and id be out of this country I love, like a bullet. The North is changing for the worse quicker than I can keep up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Where would you go mate?

8. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Stand and fight. Write to your MP. Something short and to the point like:

“Congratulations on your forthcoming retirement.

Yours faithfully “

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Iamtheonlyone

Jul 23, 2019
    The North
    We're looking at mainland Spain, and as it stands post Brexit, it will be the best choice for us as a family ,although it is at least 10 years away from being a realistic option as our son is only 12.

I guess it is down to where you currently call home, friends in Poole are seeing property rises year on year, we are seeing no change, crime is on the up.......... Probably best for another thread topic, not hijack this one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I'll start a whip-round mate :D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep a lot of people have looked to moving to Spain. Must admit the weather is a draw, but for me the UK is home. I live in the north and yes it has changed, but not always for the worst.
    Anywhere down south has seen house prices rise, but that does impact on me where I live, so don’t see it as an issue.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Iamtheonlyone

Jul 23, 2019
    The North
    We're looking at mainland Spain, and as it stands post Brexit, it will be the best choice for us as a family although it is at least 10 years away from being a realistic option as our son is only 12.

I guess it is down to where you currently call home, friends in Poole are seeing property rises year on year, we are seeing no change, crime is on the up.......... PRobably best for another thread topic, not hijack this one.
    Can i offer a BJ for £10k as a starter :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Iamtheonlyone

Jul 23, 2019
    The North
    It doesn't affect me either, what does is the demise of a once great community now bearing the grunt of selfishness and the lack of community support, that once was.

I will be fortunate enough to be able to work from Spain as my work is online anyway, even with frequent flights to the UK for meetings, it's still a better standard of living. Retirement in the sun sounds better especially October to March and the ability to ride 350+ days of the year, is just heaven.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    WOW :eyes: £10 to blow every forum member (sic!)! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Iamtheonlyone

Jul 23, 2019
    The North
    50p round my way lol

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    You may well have something there. Good luck mate, I hope you can get it done

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    back to Venezuela!!!???

• Funny Funny x 5
  18. Iamtheonlyone

Jul 23, 2019
    The North