Bluetooth Woes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by David Downes, Feb 4, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
?
  1. I have it, I love it

12.2%
  2. I have it, I hate it

26.8%
  3. I want it

17.1%
  4. I don't want it

43.9%
  1. heartlander

heartlander Member

I'm not equipped and will not! Tried my sons airPods but I can't stand the girl, telling me where to go! : unamused:
    So navigation on the TFT is enough for me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Hey Peter, did you know: You can switch her gender. Then you have a boy telling you, where to go.
    I guess, his name is Soho...!?

(EINSTELLUNGEN/SIRI/Siri Stimme)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dr. Jack

Dr. Jack New Member

Apr 24, 2020
    Metairie, La. U.S.A.
    I’ve had lots of issues. It will connect with devices, but won’t allow volume adjustment. Tried with 3 different headphones, no volume adjustment on any. Call answering very spotty. Hope future software updates will solve problems. Easier to connect headset to phone and bypass Triumph Connectivity. Do not recommend.

4. Dr. Jack

Dr. Jack New Member

Apr 24, 2020
    Metairie, La. U.S.A.
    My EarPods connect, but can’t control volume. Easier just to connect headset to phone directly and bypass Triumph Connectivity

5. lungtamik

lungtamik New Member

May 20, 2020
    Paris
    Got the bluetooth module installed over this weekend for my 2020 Street Triple RS. I was running into audio issues as my phone had already been paired to my Sena headset and therefore would connect to my phone and the bike. Audio output of calls would not go through my Sena headset but on the phone if calls were placed/answered via the bike. I would have to manually switch the audio output on my phone to my sena headset. I completely started over today and deleted my phone and helmet from the paired device on my bike. I also deleted from my phone previous direct connection to my sena device. I added my phone to the triumph Bluetooth module and then paired my sena to the bike. Both are showing checked now in my driver's devices. Phone seems to be working ok, audio goes through my helmet and not on my phone anymore. Now I'm running into issues with the music played. I can change tracks and it shows on the bike and phone as playing but I can't hear anything in my helmet. I've check volumes of course and also made sure it wasn't muted. I double checked in my Android's phone settings and the audio ouput from my phone goes to the the Bluetooth module as it should but no music played through my sena ..
    I'm running an Samsung S10+ with a Sena 10u, of course not on the list of compatible devices. I've called my dealer and was told someone would call me back but haven't heard back from them. I would be interested if possible in the contact from Triumph HQ to send him an email if possible.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. David Downes

David Downes Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2016
    Essex
    The email I have is [email protected]

Or you can call them (if they’re open during the lockdown, I dunno) on 01455 251700‬, and ask to speak to someone about a technical support query.

Best of luck with it. I gave up on mine, never worked properly ... but I thought that was due to it being an iPhone, so it’s strangely reassuring to me that you’re struggling with a non-iPhone ... maybe they’ll actually fix the damn thing!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dr. Jack

Dr. Jack New Member

Apr 24, 2020
    Metairie, La. U.S.A.
    #47 Dr. Jack, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    I
    Ive pretty much given up on mine also. Have an IPhone X. Tried with a ShockWave Headset fro Ruroc a British helmet company , IPods, and another headset I have. I get audio but can’t control volume through Triumph Module, only through phone. Get phone calls but again can’t control volume and other functions. Just as easy to bypass module and pair phone to headset directly. Module was waste of money. Would not recommend.

8. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    #48 Winglad, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Reading through this thread and talking to @heartlander who also invested his money in this system, I‘d like to inquire: anybody reading through this topic with a bt-module that works AS IT SHOULD and without any flaws (SatNav-mirroring, Phone & Music!)???
    Often, you only hear the folks with issues speaking up, that‘s why I am asking...

I sometimes have a real hard time believing, that a well renowned company would throw something this half-assed on the market... (Not that I am surprised in times like ours.)

Cheers

PS: Today, I am going to pick up my bike at the dealer‘s and plan to do a little detour through the boondocks on my way home.
    Thought, I program my cell-phone‘s satnav and use the headphones (non bluetooth) for instructions while the phone is tugged away in my jacket.
    Then I thought better of it. You know what I‘ll do? I‘m going to take a paper-map ;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. David Downes

Sep 4, 2016
    Essex
    I would also be keen to know if anyone has one that e we irks as it should. I do kinda just assume that there must be some for whom it works, but would be great to hear about it (and what phone and headset you’re using).

I would also very much encourage anyone with one that doesn’t work, to make noise in Triumph HQs direction. It’s be pretty terrible if Triumph are selling loads, none work, but only a tiny minority actually tell them about it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Albion

Albion New Member

May 28, 2020
    Texas
    After downloading the manual I was able to pair my phone Samsung S20 ultra 5G and my old Schuberth C3 but although it would recognize my Skully it would not pair.

I don't think there are many Skully lids out there so I guess its a call to HQ

11. Tommy O

Tommy O New Member

Jun 3, 2020
    Vermont, USA
    Interesting that your XR pairs so easily. I just picked up my new Tiger 900 GT Pro from the dealer and my neither my XR or the Tiger recognize each other.

The Dealer told me that iPhones 10 and 11 do not work with the app or module, so your post gave me a bit of hope! I really want to like this feature as the nav info would be a HUGE bonus for treks!

12. Tommy O

Tommy O New Member

Jun 3, 2020
    Vermont, USA
    Interesting that your XR pairs so easily. I just picked up my new Tiger 900 GT Pro from the dealer and my neither my XR or the Tiger recognize each other.

The Dealer told me that iPhones 10 and 11 do not work with the app or module, so your post gave me a bit of hope! I really want to like this feature as the nav info would be a HUGE bonus for treks!

13. Albion

Albion New Member

May 28, 2020
    Texas
    Triumph is strangely silent on this and information regarding technical specs is difficult to fine. The BT version would be a start.

14. lungtamik

lungtamik New Member

May 20, 2020
    Paris
    After sending an email to the contact above, I got a reply from a rep from Triumph France HQ. I have a meeting with him this afternoon to check what is going on. I tried pairing a Bose headset instead of my Sena to see if I was getting sound for music/gps instructions. Still nothing. Calls are ok but that's it. I will keep you guys posted

• Like Like x 5
  15. IanBB

IanBB New Member

Jun 10, 2020
    WestSussex
    Hi,
    Just read this thread.
    FYI: I too am the owner of a R3 TFC, with the module & other extras fitted. I have an iphoneSE IOS 13.x.x & it pairs & connects ok. I’ve created a route in the app uploaded it & followed it, using the turn by turn instrument notifications. To date, no timing issues & seems to work. I am having trouble pairing my iPad, the reason I came across you thread.
    Not sure this helps you, but I thought I’d offer the info.
    KR Ian.

• Like Like x 3
  16. David Downes

Sep 4, 2016
    Essex
    I could get everything paired OK (most times I tried), but typically making/receiving calls and/or talking to Siri (in order to make the call, or ask fo music, etc), was the thing that was mainly problematic. Do you have a headset, and have you tried those features?

I like thread, it keeps on giving as new people hunt for answers as to why it doesn't work as expected, and come across it :p

It's worth noting that a good few times when I tried to connect my phone, it wouldn't find appear on the list of devices. This, despite the phone being about 50cm away from the unit, and the bike being able to find my iMac over the other side of the house, and a bluetooth keyboard that, to this day, I don't know where it is! I presume you tried 2 or 3 times to locate it? Perhaps try from the iPad to hunt for the bike, if that works and you connect the 'wrong way round', I would expect you to suffer other problems, but it might then allow the bike to then find the iPad afterwards.

Out of curiosity ... why would you be connecting an iPad?

17. Dr. Jack

Dr. Jack New Member

Apr 24, 2020
    Metairie, La. U.S.A.
    My phone pairs , but can’t raise or lower volume or mute through bike module, only by phone. I can switch tracks for music.
    Can you raise and lower volume through the b

18. Dr. Jack

Dr. Jack New Member

Apr 24, 2020
    Metairie, La. U.S.A.

19. Dr. Jack

Dr. Jack New Member

Apr 24, 2020
    Metairie, La. U.S.A.
    What headset are you using?

20. Albion

Albion New Member

May 28, 2020
    Texas
    I was able to do this with my Schuberth C3 but could not get my Skully to pair. This may have been because it was already paired with my phone so I will try a few variations this weekend.

Theoretically I should be able control all attributes through the instrument panel and some through voice. Neither Triumph or Skully have responded yet.