Bleeding Brakes Again T120.

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Cupoftea, Jun 22, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Handle bars on this bike are alright but need to be little more upright and wider.
    So looking at the Baak Handlebars and they are the right type for me.
    problem is that a new hose has to be fitted and it bolts to the ABS module.
    My concern is that the bike requires a bleed once this has been fitted, I cannot find anywhere how to bleed the abs unit . Is this an open or closed circuit ?
    If its open which I doubt it then the brakes can be bled as normal. I believe but not 100% its a close system and require the pump motor to be activating while bleeding.
    I have a Dealer tool but cannot get it activated yet due to no internet going to my shop at the moment.
    Any thought guys on this ?

2. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Right after some research on this subject , you maybe interested to know that using a dealer tool or an OBD2 tool that facilitates the abs bleeding.
    It seems that you bleed the brakes as normal , then connect the tool to the bike plug connection, then press the abs bleed button and bleed again which circulates the fluid out of the abs and into the line. Then bleed in the normal fashion to remove the abs fluid in the line. Job done.

• Like Like x 2