Thruxton Blade Motorcycles Review Like Blood From A Stone

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by timboo, Sep 23, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    That is for insurance repairs of bikes under warranty not annual servicing bud, as I thought and as @Iceman states above servicing can be done by any VAT registered garage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    No, it covers motorcycles, I responded to a previous post some time back around the same issue, however to confirm and set minds at rest I contacted a number of manufacturers directly, Yamaha, Honda Suzuki, Kawasaki and Triumph, all confirmed you can have your motorcycle serviced at any independent dealer and it will not affect any warranty as long as genuine parts are used, and you keep the receipts and have the service book stamped. When I asked the same question to a well-known Yamaha dealer who also runs a BSB team in a conversation, he laughed and said categorically by doing so will not invalidate the warranty. The only thing an independent dealer is unable to do is download any software updates to the EMS, all other diagnostics can be carried out as the independent will have appropriate diagnostic equipment. Anyone still doubtful can e mail Triumph direct and ask the question, they are quick to respond. Ride safe all from an ageing Rocker.

• Useful Useful x 3
  3. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    #43 timboo, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    My interpretation and happy to be corrected is that servicing and retaining a warranty is possibly covered under the Motor vehicle block exemption regulation which was introduced god know how many years ago. The below site suggests leaving the EU means it’s due for replacement or to be varied in May 2023. It currently makes no distinction between motorcycle and car.
    Thankfully no part of my dealings with Blade motorcycles related to this.

https://www.gov.uk/cma-cases/motor-vehicle-block-exemption-regulation

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    Many thanks fro the clarifications on this matter.

5. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    Just received an automated email I think someone is having a giraffe.

908F539A-40C2-4902-8E43-DD9A08F4E73E.jpeg

C92F9036-A14C-49B9-82DB-D2B741679095.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    #46 timboo, Oct 3, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    I received an email from Triumph uk today asking for my availability tomoz so will hopefully get a full understanding of Triumphs take and also Blades.

Coincidentally I also received an email from Blade motorcycles today as quoted below. Better late than never as they say.

The only part that shows any form of coherency is the last paragraph. Lets hope the email does not set the tone for conversation tomorrow.

160846F3-9986-43E2-95F2-5F120EEF75F3.png

7. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    No real contrition there then, it says it all in their last paragraph, it just reinforces my view that this dealer (amongst others) should be avoided at all costs. Personally, I intend to make my views known direct to Triumph on their stand at both the NEC and MMS, and I won't hold back regarding these shoddy dealers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Unfortunately I suspect the only reason you got any response is because Triumph UK are now taking an active interest and they intend to show Triumph that they are a good dealership. Too little, too late in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    So they are saying that the bike was not a Triumph approved machine which, having seen it in the flesh, I find hard to believe.

Also, from our conversations on the matter, the question of warranty length was not stated. If you had refused to purchase an extended warranty I would expect the paperwork to reflect this purely for their protection.

10. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    Not sure why they bothered replying at all.
    Statutory rights are still not acknowledged, which is reflected in their apparent obsession with a warranty.
    Playing devils advocate even if you did have an extended warranty would you trust them to not claim a fault was ware and tare.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    Which day are u going to the NEC?

12. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi timboo, I usually go on the Monday following the weekends opening

13. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    Unfortunately our paths wont cross I will be there on the first Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  14. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    #54 timboo, Oct 4, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    Final update on the matter of Blade motorcycles.

I had a productive conversation with Triumph UK today and now feel I am in a position to close this chapter in my life. Future reviews will determine whether Blade have implemented change. Summary of what was discussed as below:

Apology received from Triumph for the level of service, which I had received from Blade motorcycles

Triumph will continue to work with Blade motorcycles to improve the level of service future customers receive

Triumph were grateful that I contacted them as Blade had apparently not done so meaning they were unaware.

Had Blade communicated with Triumph they may have agreed to a gesture of good will and come to an agreeable solution taking into consideration my bikes strengths being low mileage and condition etc.

Triumph did not totally agree with whether the fault was a manufacturing defect given the bikes age as they believed it was open to interpretation in terms of the Consumer Rights act. I challenged this advising that should it have gone to court "Blade" would have needed to provide evidence to the contrary i.e dis credit the expert witness report, and the supporting information. I wasn't and am still not aware of anything, which could have undermined the evidence. Ultimately Triumph nor myself can state what a judge may have concluded although I was confident I could prove 51% chance in my favour should it have come to it. WE will never know!

I expressed concerns with regards to lack of clarity provided on the Triumph UK website pertaining the approved used warranty vs Ducati used approved web site, which is comprehensive and unambiguous.

I expressed additional concerns with the emails Blade sent including the one only yesterday. I compared it to engineering principles.
    When dealing with a situation, that an engineer does not fully understand what does the engineer do?
    Proceed at risk or
    Understand the limits of their skill/experience and seek assistance + further information, learn and proceed once satisfied they have gained sufficient information/skill/experience in order to complete the task?

Finally Triumph offered me a gesture in the form of a T-shirt. I advised the purpose of reaching out to Triumph was not about compensation. Getting my bike fixed was my priority and preventing future customers becoming unstuck.

Think that just about sums it up. Looking forward to my bike being fixed now.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    A tee shirt ffs. Yep it would have been better if they had offered nothing. What a piss take.
    It does make you wonder don’t it :mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    There was me thinking a brand new special edition bike was on it’s way ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Ha ha …… ;);)

• Like Like x 1
  18. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    #58 timboo, Oct 5, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    Hiya

Sorry to hear about your troubles it’s soul destroying but have a little faith. I will pm you my phone no. and we can have a chat if you like happy to help.
    Also would you mind starting a new thread just to keep it separate from this one assuming you didn’t buy from Blade that is.

• Like Like x 2
  19. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    #59 timboo, Oct 5, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    I’m free this evening cheers

20. E.C.Ewe

E.C.Ewe New Member

Feb 21, 2022
    UK
    This is a sobering tale of dealership indifference.
    Glad you have hopefully got it sorted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1