Featured Birthday prezzie to self

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Tim Jones, Nov 28, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Eccleshall, Staffs
    Ordered my birthday present, fed up crawling around garage

Teejay IMG_0666.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You lucky b****d :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

3. PhilB

PhilB Active Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Norfolk
    Awesome! Hope you didn't get roped into a 'Cyber Monday' deal!!

4. Tim Jones

Oct 21, 2015
    Eccleshall, Staffs
    No, Machine Mart and have to wait until 10th December out of stock. Looked on E.Bay and also looked at one at NEC show but not as good quality in my humble opinion.

Also if there is a problem they are only half an hour away.

Teejay

5. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    I agree!
    I bought myself a similar hydraulic lift (mine is a scissor lift) a few years ago. One of the best things I've bought. It's so much better than rolling around on a garage floor.

6. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    How much are they ?

7. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Unfortunately I don't have room for a lift like that.
    But I did treat myself to an Abba Skylift which I can use out front of my garage.

Abba Skylift - Speed Triple

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tim Jones

Oct 21, 2015
    Eccleshall, Staffs
    Talked to the man at the NEC show about the Skylift but doesn't fit an Explorer so that was out as it has to do for both.

Makes a good work bench for other little jobs as well.

I had to get the tape measure out to make sure there was room, the one I have ordered has removable ramp which is what I needed so when it is flat on floor I can shut the garage door.

Teejay

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tomo

Tomo Active Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Birmingham
    Machine Mart do some quality stuff. I'd love one of those lifts, but space would be a problem.
    I went for this https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-cml5-hydraulic-motorcycle-and-atv-lift/ Delighted with it, it even comes with tie down straps too. It works a treat for all of my bikes and has the added bonus of you can wheel it around the garage with a bike on it. It's not really suitable for sports bike owners - you need a parallel rail frame without a belly pan on.
    Just make sure you use tie downs Tim - if the bike topples when you are raising or lowering the table it'll all end in tears (especially if it fell on you!)

10. Tim Jones

Oct 21, 2015
    Eccleshall, Staffs
    Will do thanks

Teejay

11. Tim Jones

Oct 21, 2015
    Eccleshall, Staffs
    You do have to have different mounts for different models, their web site has a neat video showing how it works, as I said wouldn't fit a Explorer so went for the ramp for the Tex and Bonnie, granddaughters pink bike with stabilisers, and many other uses!!!

Teejay

• Like Like x 1
  12. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    #12 Red Thunder, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    That pro pack (I think) is more for professional mechanics working on all bikes so it has all the adapters.
    You can search on their site for your bike and the adapters, I think they are between £20-£30 each.
    The lift itself is now £437 although there doesn't seem to be a kit for the Bonnie :(

Abba Skylift page & select bike option
    Has been updated since with a foot pump rather than by hand.

It is very secure, stable and easy to move the bike around while it is 5ft in the air!
    I like the wheelie position for topping up the coolant in the radiator, at 45degree angle all the air is out of the system!
    In the stoppie position I can work on the rear end while standing up and no strain on my back.

Plus everything is free, no weight on the wheels so you can strip the bike down to the frame if needed

It does require a bit of setting up though, with no centre stand I need to first put a paddock stand on the rear, move the lift into position, secure the lift to the bike, lift it a bit, remove the paddock stand, then lower, attach the rear frame if I want it horizontal.
    So a bit of faffing around. Not as easy as the ride on scissor lift where it is just there ready to go

• Like Like x 1