bikini fairing for thruxton

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by crispey, Nov 6, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hi

I am looking for a bikini fairing for my thruxton which I will want to spray. I have seen an ABS one at this site and a fibre glass one here . Obviously the airtech one is going to be a hell of a lot more expensive but does anyone know of fibreglass ones in this country? Also is the difference between ABS and Fibre that great on a fairing this size.

Thanks for your help

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Steer clear of the 'here' site ... too expensive really, plus import duty may be payable.
    Got a 'bikini' fairing for my Trident from M & P/Busters many moons ago.
    Squaredeals are pretty good to deal with - I've had a few bits from them! :upyeah:

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Thanks for your reply Stevethegoolie,
    I agree with you that the one from airtech is expensive and could have more hidden costs in shipping and customs, so now I have the dilemma of which one to go to between these 2 companies Britishbikebits and Squaredeals it looks like the same item any recommends?

Ta

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Britishbikebits seem to be part of Burtonbikebits, who have been trading for a good few years, so they must be doing something right, although I have never dealt with them. Squaredeals were quick and efficient when I dealt with them, the goods being as described and good quality. You pays yer money etc ... !!
    Looking at the two fairings it would seem that Bbbs offering may need different handlebars to what you may already have, whereas Sqdls fairing seem to fit straight on without any alterations. Or have I read it wrong?? :eek: Both should look nice though! :upyeah: