Touring Bikes packed for Scotland pity about the weather.

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Richard H, May 24, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Actualy Ian on his Goldwing was quite fast but on this particular day had gone off ahead to take some action shots, unfortunately he didn't tell us and we had stopped for coffee. He had waited 45 mins in that layby waiting to take his shot.

If you get the weather I don't think there is a better place to ride a motorcycle than NW Scotland

2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    It did look good.. Just as you said IF you get the weather.. Scotland is a beautiful country as well as Wales... I think I need to visit more of the UK but am spending more time in Europe as roads and drivers are better....

3. Great pics - sure that piper was stood in that layby beside Loch Ness when we went past in 2005...:biggrin:

4. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    Great pics. Im really looking forward to coming back to the uk. We will be 2, maybe 3 days in scotland. My mate has bought a GoPro, so I will see if I cant get a few pics......

• Like Like x 3
  5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Latest Vid, its quite long at 12 minutes but its about a 2 hour ride from Inveraray to Oban. A great biking road if you ever get the chance to get up there. The quicker bits are about 6 mins in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012

I actually make it into the start of this vid, I'm on the Red Speed Triple and the Mrs on the purple Street. Had the camera mounted on the pannier lid of Andy's BMW GS. Go Pro steamed up on the climb so quality isn't that good but Ian on his Goldwing wanted to prove to everyone he can do hairpins (unlike my wife!)

• Like Like x 1
  7. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Nice vids rich the roads loom good fun

• Like Like x 1
  8. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    I remember him: