Bikers Best Chat (or Bbc)

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Thripster, Jun 14, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    As usual we had to vote for the lesser of two evils and President Trump is far, FAR better than having Billary back in the White House. Now, I fear, we'll be stuck with MEchelle Oscammer after the next election.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Listen to Huw Edwards now........a breakthrough with Deximethozone (?) 'could have saved thousands of lives had it been used three months ago.' What the heck is meant by that? And why say it?

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    I wish he’d stop firing his advisors when he disagrees with them:)
    I still can’t believe he suggested disinfectant could cure COVID-19 or malaria tablets would help:(
    I think your spot on he isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer which is a bit scary when he is the most powerful man on the planet
    But as @JtC said what would it be like with Hilary in charge - as the Donald said ‘if she can’t satisfy her husband how can she satisfy America’:mask:

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    I don't understand much about the politics over there, but it sounds very familiar -right is right and left is . . . wrong. :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    I missed Huw earlier so looked on the BBC website and this is exactly the sort of thing I want to hear about, and the website article doesn’t look sensationalist but looks like good journalism
    Coronavirus: Dexamethasone proves first life-saving drug https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53061281

• Like Like x 1
  6. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    I remember having a right old ding dong with my Dad about Jeremy Corbin, I thought he was new and refreshing, he was saying he was a left wing militant who’d only cause problems - and even at my age I should have listened to my Dad;) who I know is upstairs pointing down at me saying It told you so you pillock’:laughing:

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Like you Nick, I was extremely pleased to see (hear) that there has been a positive development with Dexamethasone. However, you may have missed my point(?) - this positive news was reported by Huw Edwards as though the government should have been using it three months ago. That is, positive news was tainted with a slur on the government. If you watch out for it this sort of thing is happening continually.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  8. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Yes, I noticed that too. An obvious dig at the Government, suggesting that the drug should have been used from the beginning of the crisis to save 4 to 5000 lives.
    FFS, the government doesn’t decide what drugs to give patients, those are clinical decisions, but heaven forbid anyone should suggest that anyone in the NHS is doing anything wrong.
    Even if the government did dictate the drug use and started using it without conducting trials there’d be outrage.
    “Government using untested drugs on critically ill patients” you can just see the headlines.
    Sensationalist journalism again :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    #49 Thripster, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Thanks for your endorsement Freck - so it is not just me.

This is for MadMrB - meant to thank you for the links you provided reference BBC reporting of war in Syria.
    https://bbcpanoramasavingsyriaschildren.wordpress.com/

I have repeated your link above as there are a list of accusations against the BBC at the bottom of the information provided within that link which have serious implications......one of the most grievous being that the BBC reporters were embedded with an Isis partner group. I remember seeing the BBC reports of the bombing at that time and thinking 'this seems odd'. You are ahead of the game on that - it is very damning material and I feel sorry that the two reporters didn't gain enough crowdfunding to carry on with their campaign. The fact that Sambrook (left wing) has been given the job of investigating impartiality within the BBC is a crock of shite and needs to be more widely exposed. So, readers, if you haven't had time to look at MadMrB's post (page 1 of this thread) then please do so. It is very important because there are a lot of youngsters out there who have believed/are believing what is being drip fed to them on a day to day basis.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    #50 MadMrB, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    There is also more, it appears that the BBC were involved in stiring up shite in Serbia, Kenya, Ukraine, as well as Syria.
    https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/bbc-media-action-subversion-broadcasting-house-kazakhstan

https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/bbc-fake-news-reality-check

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
  13. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Watched the first 15 minutes and it made a lot of sense.

14. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    That's pretty much what I was saying, DD. I don't think there is much difference between the politics in our countries.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I've seen snippets of Nancy Pelosi (or something like that), she looks a right fucktard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    She most definitely is. Pure evil.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Thripster