Biker Given Fixed Penalty .

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by J S Chappell, Apr 5, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. J S Chappell

J S Chappell Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    Hi all , with all the speculation about can we can't we. A biker in Hunstanton (Norfolk seaside town ) was given a fixed penalty notice for having no good reason for travelling to the area. I don't know where he was travelling from ,my wife picked it up on social media, to which I don't participate in on any level.
    We moved to north Norfolk last week (by the skin of our teeth) so it's goodbye Yorkshire dales and hello to Norfolk. J

• Like Like x 4
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    J S Chappell.
    Hard to say the circumstances might justify the penalty. But it also may just lead to another money making exercise.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    As you say you have no idea where he had travelled from , so quite possibly well deserved, one thing taking a scenic route to do some local shopping or having good reason to be out, but quite another if he's gone for a ride out.
    Rules is there to protect us all, as said were all in this shit together,

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    We may not know the full circumstances and it seems unlikely that the police would issue the penalty notice as their first action. Guidance would seem to indicate that a fine is the last resort. This guy may have been caught more than once flouting the ride out rules. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter

Of course you do, this is social media!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1