Sprint Bike Wont Start

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by shane o, Dec 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Like Like x 1
  2. shane o

shane o New Member

Dec 5, 2019
    wiltshire
    thanks for the advice,i pushed the piece in as far as it would go and made sure the clip locked it.Everything seemed fine and as it should be but it has started leaking , a lot, so it needs a new part.Nothing seems to be missing ,however,and the clip,spring and bearing if it has one all seem good...so there you have it...in a nutshell,etc (thanks to sprinter for advice on the device)

3. shane o

shane o New Member

Dec 5, 2019
    wiltshire
    I wonder what was wrong with the old way of sticking a tube on to the end of of a metal fuel pipe and putting a clip round it....

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Check your little rubber ring- o ring- if it has a tiny tear rip or gouge it will leak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    The leak isn’t merely a fire hazard. It may be enough to ruin the necessary pressure at the injectors to create a spray pattern the plugs can ignite.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    If the fuel is leaking at the connection from the tank there definitely won't be enough pressure for the fuel injection system to work !

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. shane o

shane o New Member

Dec 5, 2019
    wiltshire
    bike got nicked on Christmas day,i was away for a day and its gone from the garage ,took 2 hours to get the door back on the hinges.I am looking for another bike.I wonder if they will fix the fuel problem

8. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Lets hope their balls fester the thieving sods

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. shane o

shane o New Member

Dec 5, 2019
    wiltshire
    Black Triumph sprint rs 955i Y136 LNU. You never know where it might turn up

10. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Bastards! :mad: So sorry to hear this Shane. Christmas Day as well, there’s a special place in hell reserved for scum like that. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1