Featured Bike Thief Caught

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by David Cooper, Sep 30, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

The only mistake Mr Martin made that night. Was not killing both of the c#nts!
    He lived in the middle of nowhere so nobody would have heard the shots.
    He could have taken his time digging a hole or lighting a bonfire.
    Or better still, taking a drive to his local pig farm. I'm reliably informed that pigs are very partial to a tasty burglar or two? Pikey flavoured burglars would be a special treat for them :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    No, amused.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Spyder

Spyder New Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Brighton
    I totally get your point. Because violent crime in the US is dramatically low as a result lof the free availability of guns. The massacres we do hear of would be avoided if only there were more guns in circulation. I totally get that. Guns deter crime, here in the UK no one has guns so criminals go round creating carnage everywhere, as we all know, eh?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Duckadiledundee

Duckadiledundee First Class Member

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    You ever had family or friends murdered or raped and all the danger signs were there way in advance and no one ( I mean the authorities ) would do a damned thing due to political correctness.....
    I've unfortunately known far too much of it....
    Unless you have lived through these horrific life changing experiences you don't know what your talking about....

Wannabe dirty harry....grow up...

You tell that the victims and the families that spend the rest of their lives living them moments over again to grow up....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Srogers

Srogers New Member

Oct 3, 2019
    Colchester
    On a different subject any one know the nm torgue needed on 2015 speed triple r handle bars. Putting Speedo bracket on there. Any info is helpful as all new to me. Many thanks

6. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

#66 Dozers Dad, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:03 PM
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 9:22 PM
    I assume that was sarcasm from start to finish? :)

Please allow me put a different spin on it. It's highly unlikely to change your mind set but other perspectives are often helpful.

I was sat in a bar in Mexico last night & got chatting to 4 guys from the USA. 1 from Chicago, 1 from Colorado, 1 from Texas & the other was from New York. So a good spread of different locations/attitudes.

They started the conversation off on politics (Brexit & Donald Trump mainly) but it eventually moved onto their gun laws V's ours in the UK.

I won't bore you with all the details for fear of being wrongly labelled a Dirty Harry wannabe :rolleyes:

Here's a small snippet.......

"That mass shooting at the concert in Manchester would never have been allowed to get that bad in the USA. By the time the terrorists had got 5 shots off. They'd both have 10 guns pointing at them!"

Like it or not Spyder. That my friend is a fact!
    (Edit... if it had been gunmen not bombers?)

Now, I have a question for you if I may?
    Without exception, everybody I've ever heard voice the opinion you have. Has never had anything to do with firearms of any kind.
    They take the stance you have out of fear & ignorance.
    Does any of that sound familiar mate? ;)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Put on your big boy pants and man up
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Sorry mate but firstly the Manchester concert was a suicide bomber not a shooting incident and secondly if that were the case then there would be no mass shootings in the States so can't really agree with your argument in this instance ;);)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

I was trying to keep it short mate. I pointed out to them that it was bomber not a shooter.
    But I still went along with their idea in principle.

As for the mass shootings in US schools etc. IMHO, the teachers should be armed.
    Trouble is, I guess most teachers will be unwilling?
    Fair enough as they signed up to teach. Not get involved in a firefight with lunatics!

• Like Like x 2
  9. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Insane chase through Sao Paulo's business area - rolex thief

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

This thread has less chance of receiving universal agreement than the various..."What's the best oil to use in my bike?"... threads :kissing: :cool: :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Spyder

Spyder New Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Brighton
    If the children were armed, however, any madman wouldn't stand a chance, whaddya say? But without guns, there'd be no massacres. We dont have them in our schools. Either that or there's something wrong with the American psyche.

12. Spyder

Spyder New Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Brighton
    If the children were armed, however, any madman wouldn't stand a chance, whaddya say? But without guns, there'd be no massacres. We dont have them in our schools. Either that or there's something wrong with the American psyche.

13. Spyder

Spyder New Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Brighton
    Y

14. Duckadiledundee

Duckadiledundee First Class Member

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    [QUOTE="Spyder, post: 351193, member:

I think you will find that when it comes to taking a life or lives you don't need a gun...
    Where you got an individual or a group intent on a course of lethal action they will find a way and you won't stop them....

Firearms are a nice deterrent just like a burglar alarm or your car alarm...

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. MadMrB

MadMrB Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Very true...
    Capture.PNG

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. beerkat

beerkat Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    So what are some people saying here? That the UK should adopt the same gun ownership laws that they have in the US? Really? Please tell me I've got that wrong!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
  18. MadMrB

MadMrB Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. half ton

half ton Crème de la Crème

Oct 18, 2013
    uk
    I have tried to stay out of this "debate"...but sorry I just can't. I am not anti gun ownership and used to rough shoot about 35 yrs ago but packed it in when my first son was born,Nobody is going to convince me that allowing everyone (within reason) the right to carry a pistol concealed or open is a good idea......just go on the internet and watch some of the videos their are loads out there , one that springs to mind is a disagreement between women with a bit of hair pulling etc ending up with one person pulling out a pistol and shooting the other ..in the middle of a supermarket and as the injured person tries to get away she then randomly with one hand pops a few more in her direction..never mind about the other people in the shop and stray rounds.......I hope we never have that problem over here

• Like Like x 2
  20. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    • Like Like x 3