Bike theft and security issues

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Dave Perkes, Apr 30, 2017.

1. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    My theory is - touch my bike (if not sanctioned) - and deal directly with me. I work hard for my bikes and cars - touch them and take your chances.....:mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Nearly 15000 thefts in a year! Just in the met area? How can the police keep burying their heads in the sand? And now the theives are becoming violent too, it just goes to show if these things aren't clamped down upon when they are "insignificant" it snowballs into uncontrollable!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    There aren't enough police. Trust me they are trying. Only 6 police officers on duty at any one time in the Basildon. Essex. District. Fact. Imagine what it's like per capita in the met.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    The manufacters are not interested If I can buy a tracker for 30 quid on Ebay they can fit them for less

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Between the insurance companies and the manufacturers they could have a private firm recover the vehicle at least. If they are willing to clamp drivers for parking then surly recovery of property would be a higher priority. Baliffs taking peoples property to recover debt is happening now, so why not recovering peoples property, moving with the times.

6. Gothroader

Gothroader New Member

Jul 29, 2017
    UK
    I'm really sorry to hear this, there are some scum out there.

I have a garage with CCTV and a scattering of annoying, tricksy and loud deterrents on the bike. I don't feel I am being too paranoid.

My bike is also data tagged making the parts too hot to handle.

My insurers insist that they will not payout if the bike is stolen or damaged within 500 yards of the garage. So, if it's at home it must be in there. I think this says a lot about the likelihood of where your bike could be stolen from.