Featured Bike In My Past

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Mar 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    What a great collection! you have had a good time indeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Joe, I am quite late to this thread but am puttering about on the forum this evening and ran across this. You have had an amazing collection of bikes over the years. I love how you describe "owning" them as being their custodian and having a partnership with them. I have a saying that our loved ones--both (more) people and pets but also motorcycles, bicycles, etc.--are on simply on loan to us from God while we're here. Thank you for sharing some of the history of your life through these photos. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T.
    Yes I share the same thoughts as you do. We are given the honour of being keepers of some fantastic machines. Pets are our friends. My friendship started with a duck can't remember my age but me and my duck went every where together. My late dog just before this poodle was an American King Charles called Lucy she was everywhere I was used to lay under my bikes so she would see me work on them. But I don't think I have ever owned anything like you say I just had the pleasure of taking care of them. Do let us all see some of your previous bikes pets and hobbies.
    Ride Safe & Enjoy.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Flay.
    Not sure what the faring was from. I did think it was a Triumph part at the time but not sure. the bike belonged to a mate called Steve from West Drayton. He was a great rider and real nice chap.
    Regards
    Joe.

6. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    It's a Guzzi Le Mans Mk.1 fairing. Or a very good copy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Flay.
    Could well be. Glad you said this as I was trying to find something similar and this might make it easier to find.
    Regards
    Joe.

8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yes, it is an honor and a privilege to be the custodians of the bikes that enter our lives. And the pets. And especially the people--our friends and family and loved ones. I love that you had a duck with you were a kid. What a hoot! :D My first Boxer's name was Lucy. She was the first of five. Here are the motorcycles that I've had the joy and pleasure of riding and caring for since I started riding in late 2010. Nothing at all like your amazing and fabulous collection, though! I'll send along pics of my canine companions as well as a few of the hobbies I have besides riding.

The first is my 2010 H-D Street Bob -- my first motorcycle ever!
    That black Triumph is my 2012 Thruxton and the photo is on Mt. Lemmon in Arizona.
    The photo taken on Independence Pass in Colorado is my 2012 H-D Switchback.
    Next up in my 2014 H-D CVO Road King.
    Then my 2016 Thruxton R
    Then my 2017 H-D Dyna Low Rider S
    Then my 2017 H-D Road Glide Special
    And finally--and my route to finding this forum (!)--is my 2019 Speed Triple RS
    The Road Glide, Low Rider, and Speed Triple are currently residing in my garage. :blush:

IMG_1151.jpg

12 Thrux on Lemmon.jpeg
    Independence  Pass.jpeg
    2014 CVO Road King.jpeg
    2016 Thruxton R.jpeg
    2017 Low Rider S.jpeg

2017 Road Glide Special.jpg
    2019 Speed Triple RS 2.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Joe, here are the amazing and loving and funny, not to mention fiercely loyal, boxers with I've had the joy and pleasure of sharing their lives.

Lucy, Gracie, Reuben, Louie, and Annie
    Annie is still here with us while the others have gone on to the Rainbow Bridge

As I mentioned in a different post, all of these loveys came to us with their ears already cropped (except for Reuben) as we "adopted" them in one way or another and they came to us "as is". :)

1 Lucy.jpeg
    2 Gracie.jpg 3 Rubin.2.jpg
    4 Louie.jpeg
    5 Annie.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    And finally, hobbies....

My primary one, as you might imagine, is all things motorcycle. Here are a few self-explanatory photos of my others.

You ride safe & enjoy too!! :grinning:

Sandi&Jacks.jpg
    Cycling.jpg
    Whiskey&Yoga.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T.
    What a fantastic collection of bikes and of course the Family they are great and I bet they loved you fondly. My Harley days started with a 1340 Sturgis evo. That was 81 then I think 87 came my 1340 wide glide. Traded it around 2003 for a anniversary wide glide loved that bike to pieces. Then for some stupid reason I traded it for a streetrod and hated it. So after that about 2000 drifted back to triumph and the thunderbird. Have partnered a few triumphs since. Next time I drag out my pics I will look for my Harleys and post them up. Nearly always had a Classic just to drive me crazy. But I don't dive scared of water don't know why but scared to go under will paddle but won't put my head under. I and don't spread this about but I can't ride a bike. Had an accident as a youth and never did venture back to the bicycle. Did try about 10 years ago and it wasn't going to happen . Now those mountains you couldn't keep me away from them. Still to this day if they are there I would have to climb them. Love the area it must be heaven to have so much on the doorstep. This is my present companions they let me share their world
    Regards
    Joe d7C.jpg d7C.jpg IMG_0768.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    couple more of my bikes that I looked after for the next keepers. As I find more I will copy and post.
    Ride Safe & Free
    Joe.
    picasa photoes 2058.JPG picasa photoes 2021.JPG picasa photoes 2040.JPG picasa photoes 2021.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  13. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Also whilst I am here I wanted to share my beloved birth place with you all.
    Regards
    Joe picasa photoes 171.JPG picasa photoes 184.JPG picasa photoes 157.JPG picasa photoes 246.JPG picasa photoes 254.JPG picasa photoes 310.JPG picasa photoes 214.JPG picasa photoes 214.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  14. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Great pics Joe, you've been feckin SPOILT , I'm not jealous at all :scream:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Bateby, wow a trip to Morocco from UK in a motorcycle and sidecar, back in the day !!!! That was a real achievement !!!

I went there with a pal in 2008 in my Disco and that felt like an adventure but pales into insignificance by comparison to your trip.

• Like Like x 1
  16. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    • Like Like x 1
  17. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham

18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Thebiglad.
    Thanks. Just going through old photographs and living old memories. Sandi T spurred me on to pulling out some and reliving the past I spent with some old friends. Nice to hear from you again. How are you. Bet you could send some great pic's of the Wife's trophies.
    Ride Safe & Free.
    Joe.

19. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    Absolutely nothing would induce me to walk over the Carrick-a-Rede !!!! :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for sharing, Joe! You've had some very cool Harleys. I've always been partial to Wide Glides but never had one in the garage. Just sitting on a Street Rod in the showroom I knew it wasn't for me. Too bad you don't still have the 100 Year Anniversary Wide Glide. I like that the history of Harley-Davidson and Triumph are very similar--one of the things I enjoy about both brands is that they actually have a very interesting history.

I was scared to learn to scuba dive but now I love being under the surface of the ocean even more than being on it. I find it magical and, other than when I'm riding, I'm never more "in the moment" than when I'm diving. Too bad that you had such a bad experience with bicycling when you were young but I can understand why you never did venture back. I broke my ankle badly the very first time I downhill skied when I was in my teens and never did try it again. Yes, I love the mountains, too. I need either the mountains or the ocean--but places that have both have a very high cost of living! So I live among the mountains and fly to the ocean to get my "fix". :cool:

Your present animal companions are beautiful! And it looks like they get along very nicely. :) Thank you for sharing the wonderful photos and some of the history of your life.

• Like Like x 2