Bike Cams

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Smurf, Mar 8, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Blue Flame

Blue Flame Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Some more footage taken with (primarily) the Drift HD 720. This time it's footage from Northern Spain at the beginning of May.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Very good Bueflame - Pannier mount makes interesting 'insert' shots but you probably miss too much there, likewise the rear mount - so it has to be the front mount - although I thought you were riding straight into that railing at the start until I remembered where the camera was! :eek:

(I'm referring to your first post)

3. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Love the number plate on the Busa....

• Like Like x 1
  4. chefon2wheels

chefon2wheels Member

Dec 14, 2013
    San Fulgencio, Spain
    #64 chefon2wheels, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    Had an early Christmas present in the form of an Optrix XD4 case for my iphone. Basically it turns your phone into an action camera with an app you down load for the phone. Had a quick run out on Sunday to test it, and here is the result. Go easy on me, this is the first video edit I have ever done [​IMG]

Sunday run with Optrix - YouTube

• Like Like x 2
  5. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Nice. Good quality footage mate :upyeah:

6. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Nice video, just wish we had a bit of your weather here.

7. chefon2wheels

chefon2wheels Member

Dec 14, 2013
    San Fulgencio, Spain
    Will hopefully get a run in the mountains on newyears day, if it doesn't snow, and get some more footage [​IMG]

8. chefon2wheels

chefon2wheels Member

Dec 14, 2013
    San Fulgencio, Spain
    Well as promised I managed to get up into the mountains near Alicante for a run on New Years Day. Thanks to Venta Teresa, a small bar half way up the mountain, as they post out weather reports for bikers. No snow for days so the roads were clear and the sun was shinning [​IMG]

Jijona enero 1, 2014 - YouTube

• Like Like x 1
  9. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    Bought a Veho Muvi a while back...cheap as chips and reasonable quality, got some vids posted on youtube under Tigger3i if you fancy a gander...

10. chefon2wheels

chefon2wheels Member

Dec 14, 2013
    San Fulgencio, Spain
    Hi PeteH, checked out some of your vids :upyeah: nice scenery but you're riding on the wrong side of the road :biggrin:

11. MacTriple

MacTriple New Member

Jan 11, 2014
    #71 MacTriple, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    Here's a clip from my wee run out today. I use a Roadhawk Ride bullet cam which does 720p.

RoadHawk RIDE
    [​IMG]

It's ok for the size of it. I have it on a little bracket on the underside of the bottom yoke. It has attachments to clip onto my helmet etc. It's wired in to the bike so is always recording once the ignition is on. On battery only it gets about 2 hours tops I reckon.
    The music is just some freebie that you can pick from on youtbue editing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. chefon2wheels

chefon2wheels Member

Dec 14, 2013
    San Fulgencio, Spain
    Nice little vid, but no sun shine today :mad: Don't recognise those dodgy roads. Must be down your way :biggrin:

13. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    #73 Red Thunder, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    I bought the Drift Ghost HD S a year ago, with the motorbike Kit
    I attached it to my helmet with the curved mount and as the angle was about 15 degree off the horizontal, I swiveled the adjustable lens and now have a perfect horizontal picture.
    With each 3 min HD 1020 video file taking half a gig, and it keeping about 60 of these files, I would say it keeps about 180 mins (3Hrs) of highest quality recording.

There is the occasional time when the camera goes into fault and the red light stays on, when this happens I need to remove the battery and put it back in. A format of the card clears this problem if it persists.
    There may be a firmware update to address this, I will check after posting this.

I have the external mic, this is fed into my helmet, and held in place under the cheek padding, on its least sensitive setting it picks up the exhaust as well as my breathing (and cursing under my breath) very well, while reducing the wind noise substantially.

It is very easy to extract the footage, plug in the USB, and connect to the camera like a memory disk.
    The wireless is fun, download the app on the iPhone and you can connect to the camera and review the footage, even control it to take photos IIRC

A few pictures IMG_0600.jpg IMG_0601.jpg IMG_0602.jpg

Video link to when I collected my bike on the 6th Dec'14 - This is about half the quality of hte original footage, but YouTube seems to like dumming down the quality even when specified as HD.

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    For some reason I find footage from bike cams always makes me very nervous. Everything looks a lot more dangerous than it actually is when you're riding.

I use one on the pushbike but never play back the recording these days as I think I'm likely to stop riding! Useful as evidence for when people start to behave like idiots though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Not sure if I would want a camera on my helmet. Fitted to the bike would be a different matter.

16. Nice to see not only bikes but TRIUMPHS out there! Regularly in the area (Jalon valley - done the Museo en route to Guadeleste a couple of times) so if I can convince (deceive?:rolleyes:) the wife into letting me keep a 2nd bike (Bonnie) out there I'll hopefully see you on the road.

17. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    New firmware update from Drift Innovation for the Drift HD s
    Update link

Removes the possibility of corruption during the initialisation process when you turn the camera on.

• Like Like x 2
  18. peejay1977

peejay1977 New Member

May 21, 2016
    Warrington UK
    I'm a GoPro man myself, I prefer the form factor etc but they can be pricey. Even the bottom of the range ones offer good 1080p quality footage. But i know some people prefer the Drift camera mainly for the rotating lense.

My friends Drift just doesn't get the same quality of footage (in my opinion). Love using mine for track days (I always shoot at 60fps) :

19. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Adventure Bike Rider magazine did a test recently of 11 cameras.
    Best budget recommended was the Kitvision Escape HD5W at £69.99.
    Best all round was the TomTom Bandit £299.99
    GoPro Hero 4 - fantastic product but serious price tag £320.00.
    Drift Ghost S - fantastic product with lots of great features.