Featured Big Thanks To Curly

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Oct 30, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I want to say thanks to Curly who contacted me a few days ago and ask if I would like a Classic bike guide issue 189 January 2007. It has a fantastic write up on the T140 TSX Eight page write up. He posted it and I received it today. He refused any payment and paid every thing for me. How terrific is that. I am sort of taken away by his kind thoughts and help. I don't really get like this but I am lost for words and can only thank him for every thing. It doesn't ever happen to me where a brother helps me and takes all the cost himself. Thankyou Curly you have found a soft side of Joe McDonald and I am so very greatfull. I will enjoy this mag.
    Regards & God Bless
    Joe.

• Like Like x 12
  2. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Duckadildundee.
    Yes I rarely feel like this but I am at a loss. I spent all my life and barring my Mum people have always abused any kindness I have shown. Yes I am blown away.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 2
  3. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad
    Yes but you are one of my hero's.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    I also had a similar experience with @Dave C a few weeks ago. There are some top people on this forum :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Thanks mate, you're very welcome. But still not as good as those that send stuff to others for free and refusing to be reimbursed for postage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad
    Its great and I am taken back. Yes you are right there are some no quite a few users on here that go beyond the call. You to are one and yes that's what makes this a very special forum. Got me thinking now we should start a topic to say thanks to the ones that help and stand out.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  7. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad
    I tried that but can't do it. I will leave it as is for now. And I think the peeps have responded very well your self included.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  8. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    I have to say this forum is great. I have been here a few months now but only chip where I have any input worth sharing IMHO LOL.
    But it does appear to be a very happy upbeat place.
    Long may it stay this way :):)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Nice one @curly, and Joe ... you reap what you sow mate, thoroughly deserved! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Freckless.
    Yes I hope that aswel. There are so many special people here. And this time I don't mean the asylum. People here that want to help each other. Funny that people we never met or maybe never will and they care for us. And you know everyone's opinion counts and makes this place what it is. And it does not have to be motorcycle related.
    Regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    I'll nominate @Yorkshireman for helping me out with a carb balancer. Top man :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1