Bicycle Rack For Motorbike

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Gibo23, Apr 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    He had a few rsj beams lying around:D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

As already said there is rules and regulations with regards to trailers being pulled by motorbikes :confused:
    I haven’t looked them up for a while but I know that they’re in a thread somewhere on this forum :confused:
    @TEZ 217 pointed me in the right direction when I was building a trailer for my bike to carry my camping gear :)
    Maybe he has a copy of them somewhere :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gibo23

Gibo23 New Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Reading
    Definitely has to be orientated the same way as the bike, both legal and aerodynamics. Have been looking through the regulations - yet to find anything concrete.

4. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Slot the front wheel of the push bike on a rack mounted support (some sort of channel type of thing) and have the back wheel and frame of the push bike slotted into a simple single wheel trailer type of thing so it follows the bike and can lean. So it essentially makes the push bike a trailer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    No copy of the info originaly posted but link here to gov rules regarding.
    https://www.gov.uk/towing-with-motorcycle

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Wants a 1980s ‘sidewinder’ thingy to drop it on

• Like Like x 3
  7. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    s-l400_1463263779635.jpg A1DD744C-DABA-4FAE-996E-EB7DBCCDE2EC.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Your enquiry struck a chord of some vague memory from a distant past ....

I'm on a Street Triple forum and I recalled a forum "conversation" from some time ago - turns out it was 2015 - from a guy who regularly rides bicycle races. He posted the 2 images below :-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

along with the following (extracted) information :-

" Lots of lots of research into the matter and trawling forums and google images eventually brought me to www.2x2cycles.com, a professional bicycle carrier made for motorcycles. So after some emails i decided to go for it. the strong £ versus the $ got it for about £200 delivered.
    I got a SW motech rack off another forum user here as that's what the rack attaches to.

The rack itself is very well engineered and doesn't put any more pressure on the bike that it would get during normal use. it clamps the front forks and the crank arm so its really secure. i chose to mount it over the pillion seat as i know i won't have one,(i previously had cowl on and footpegs off) but it could equally be mounted on the rack alone to keep your pillion seat.

I have used it since February have been down to the southeast of france, past Clermont-Ferrand, and i had no problems at sustained national speed limit and a touch over. There is no issue in cross winds, even with deep section carbon rims.

anyway if anyone is particually interested, have a look at the website and Youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TxM05RMgyU "

As I say, this was from 2015 so may not be valid at present - but I guess it's a fair place to start your search?

Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
  9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Bloody hell - and I thought top boxes looked shit! :joy::joy:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    One of the smaller loads seen on an Enfield!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Now I actually like the work and idea in that one

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Gibo23

Gibo23 New Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Reading
    I'd found 2x2 cycles - 1uite a price! believe I can make one myself with some spare parts/fancy the project. its a simple design that just needs some care and attention with the fixings. Good to know he's ridden it in Europe and didn't get pulled over by the police!