Bet you have heard this before

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by MarkG, Mar 28, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MarkG

MarkG New Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Manchester
    I have just taken possession of a beautiful blue/white 09 Thunderbird. It was advertised as a 1600 with lots of extras.

On taking possession of the bike I noticed that it had a 104cc plate so I though a winner, the BB kit is already installed and its an even better bargain. The problem i have is, how do I know its a 1700 and not just a cover mod, it pulls great, sounds great and I can't see how having much more power would be needed. However, I have just linked it unto Tuneecu and its show its mapped as a 20310 basic 1600 tune. any advice?

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Some times the maps although upgraded are re witten originals so will keep the same number.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MarkG

MarkG New Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Manchester
    Hi Crispey, Dozer dad.

Thanks for the quick response.

Really happy with the bike as far as power and response, just looking at short tors with HF filter for looks and soft seat for distance. Thought I would remap if needed (more air in/out) but wanted a starting point or else its to a Dyno to be sure.

4. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    When it comes due change the OEM tyres to Avon Cobras.
    You won't regret it ( your wallet will ) but you won't :)
    Far better tyres than the OEM ones.

• Like Like x 1