Thruxton Best (uk Available) Track Stand For Thruxton 1200

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Cooky Boy, Apr 6, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cooky Boy

Cooky Boy Active Member

Jan 25, 2021
    Devon, UK
    Hi UK based Thruxton 1200 owners.
    I have the Triumph bobbins attached to my swing arm at the points Triumph provide a thread.
    This places the bobbins pretty low meaning a lot of leverage is needed with many track stands that raise the rear very high. This is a precarious procedure done with heart in mouth unless an assistant is present to take the blame and associated abuse for any mishaps!
    Has anyone in the UK found a track stand that is a little lower that can be easily managed by one operative (me). My local dealer shrugged his shoulders and told me they never use track stands as they have a bench.
    "Thanks a lot Triumph dealer, you have been most unhelpful."
    Any ideas would be welcomed. I would prefer not to have to import one as the disappointment if I still have the same issues after waiting for my new track stand to make it through the Suez canal, will be crushing.
    Cooky

2. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    I couldn’t find anything uk local so I made a ramp from several differing lengths of timber screwed on top of each other to suit my stand so when the bike is wheeled onto it and the wheel is raised enough so the stand can be pushed down easily as the bike only needs to be raised and lowered about an inch.
    However several bits of timber screwed together to fit under the side stand are also required to set the bike almost vertical before the bobbins are engaged by the stand. I also used a Velcro strap to hold the front brake lever on. Sounds complicated but very safe and extremely easy to put the bike on the stand instead of precariously attempting to lift the bike some 4-5” without the wooden aids. The ramp has a removable Bump stop is which stops the bike rolling of the end and allows the wheel to be slipped out or the remainder of the ramp to be slid forward out of the way.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
  4. Cooky Boy

Cooky Boy Active Member

Jan 25, 2021
    Devon, UK
    Thanks. I will take a look.
    Next will be front stand?
    Cooky

5. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Hey Cooky. I have a paddock stand that looks identical to that so if you want to try it before you buy one, you'd be welcome. Whereabouts in Devon are you?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cooky Boy

Cooky Boy Active Member

Jan 25, 2021
    Devon, UK
    Thanks for the offer. I’ve ordered one so trusting it will work ok.
    I’m in Torbaydos.

7. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    OK - well,I hope it does work. Longer term you might want to think about an Abba superbike stand - not cheap but very good and with an additional attachment it can enable lifting of the front wheel.

The 1Jac stand will do it all and is a fantastic piece of kit - extremely well made, in this country, with great after sales support - but it is on the pricey side!

8. carrock

carrock New Member

Apr 14, 2020
    carlisle
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cooky Boy

Cooky Boy Active Member

Jan 25, 2021
    Devon, UK