Speedmaster Best Paddock Stand

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Pitbull, Jun 16, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Right so I’ve been thinking about this a little bit more :confused:
    And have decided to go down a different route :eek:
    Got this delivered today :grinning:
    It’ll bolt to the front of my bike table and when I push NUDGER into it it’ll hold him upright for me :grinning: 12F483AC-DEA9-46DD-8296-6C93678F85A7.jpeg once this is done I can measure and look for a suitable lift to fit underneath the frame (its very low):confused:
    Then with the use of straps I can lift the front or the back end for wheel cleaning and other maintenance stuff :p

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:confused: That wasn’t as easy to fit as it looks :confused:
    Had to put it on the largest setting :eek:
    It’s a bloody big tyre :eek:
    But it holds NUDGER upright on the table :grinning: 666A027C-2EB3-4261-A2F4-C71EE5242CAC.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    Hi

I have spoken to Staffordshire triumph about this as I cannot find a suitable paddock stand and they cannot recommend one?
    I do not have a table or anything in my garage so I am still pondering on this

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Apart from race reps all bloody motorcycles should come with a centre stand :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. slimlavud

slimlavud Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2015
    London, UK
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

7. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
  8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

9. slimlavud

Jul 8, 2015
    London, UK
  10. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:( It doesn’t mate :confused:
    They haven’t updated their website :confused:
    The new Speedmaster is basically a Bobber frame and I can’t find a centre stand for either :confused:
    Asked Triumph and they don’t make one either :confused:
    It’s no biggy I’m just looking to lift my bike for maintenance and cleaning :)

11. slimlavud

Jul 8, 2015
    London, UK
    Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't know about the new frame. I have a 2003 America so doesn't apply to me but someone should tell TEC I guess...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Beerman

Beerman Guest

As said at the begiinomg of this thread, the Oxord paddock stand works.

Beerman

• Like Like x 1
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

This arrived today :)
    :( Won’t fit under the bike :sob:
    It’s ok though because I knew it wouldn’t and I have a cunning plan :p
    Been in the garage tonight and done some measurements
    The sliding clamps are getting put to one side and the cups are getting some of the threaded part cut off :eek:
    Gonna use a hole cutting tool and put two holes in the top plate in line with NUDGERS frame rails....hence the measurements :p AA0A087D-D9F8-4318-902C-B597BFB0AD27.jpeg was tempted by the Oxford stand as suggested by @Beerman but by using this and some straps to my table lift I will be able to use it to lift the front end as well as the back end :grinning:
    That’s the plan anyway :confused:

14. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:) Holes cut and cup threads cut to size :)
    Had to cut a nut in half to hold the cups in place :)
    Job done :p E6D3A0FE-DB4E-4A07-8B18-47FFC0E89579.jpeg how high do ya wanna go :eek: 0AC67959-016E-4C1C-B5B6-067B1E4FA8CB.jpeg now it’ll fit underneath NUDGERS fat belly :cool: BC5788E3-3D70-460E-9B38-AFBD1A83F081.jpeg

15. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Just an observation Dilli - Could you not have cut down the cups and welded direct to the black sliding rails that way it would have still been adjustable to fit other bike rails too, plus gives it extra metal protection to jack top.

16. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Could still do that mate as I’ve kept the sliding rails :)
    But I’ve only got NUDGER to lift and work on so this way it’ll fit the frame every time :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I Just thought the rails would give some extra strength and protection to the lift base when full weight of Nudger is lifted.
    Also handy bit of kit when you get Nudger a Rocket as a stable mate :p:p

• Like Like x 1
  18. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:mad: DO NOT GET ONE OF THESE :mad:
    Feckin thing COLLAPSED :eek: before it even got the back wheel off the table :mad:
    Feckin cheap Chinese shit :mad:
    :mad:BE WARNED ITS CRAP :mad: 62CA8621-592D-44FB-B3C0-BD73CE99686F.jpeg 37DCE73E-292B-4DD6-B48C-118A5AFC7CD2.jpeg

19. slimlavud

Jul 8, 2015
    London, UK
    Yes, I have seen the cheap ones do this - can be very dangerous. I would suggest that you look for a European seller on ebay who you can contact by phone to check the origin of the lifter - there are good quite cheap ones that are made in Europe (some of the Chinese ones are good too). We use lots of these in my mate's Harley workshop, I will try and find the brand name/source etc, and post it up here.

• Like Like x 2
  20. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    [​IMG]
    My brother has ordered this one with a height of 31cm instead of the standard 35cm high for his bobber black.
    Will let you know how it goes as I thin

• Like Like x 2