Bennets Insurance

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Rudeboy, Jun 26, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow

2. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    not a plug in any way but i tried the bikeinsurer for a quote it was a good price,however just before i accepted i tried the mcn comparison and they were slightly cheaper still £98 full comp with Bennetts,i don't even read mcn as I'm not interested in the racing and mega performance stuff.

3. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    I'm really disappointed with Hastings, I thought I'd get a quote direct as I was up for a renewal only 2 months ago for the Bonnie and they know my history, it took ages to get through, press for this, press for that, got sick of waiting and listening to that 'music' crap they play, mrs phoned again this morning and after ages to get through to a 'uman and asked if she could do better than a comparison sight, got a very terse sharp reply off the woman that they cant do better than off the sight, so sod 'em then.
    Must have the painters in then!:blush:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    i got renewal qoute from bennets today up from around £100 to over £155 wtf,got better quotes from mcn compare so phoned to cancel renewal and before I did they gave me new better quote,why can't companies not give you their best quote first time round instead of having to resort to nearly cancelling,got it for decent price just over £104 so sticking with them at least until next year l.o.l.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    They are supposed to be working on your behalf to get the best possible quote (it say so on the renewal) so how can they drop 30-40% when you call? robbing c@nts that's why:mad:
    I change every year
    Asda compare and go with the cheapest:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    I always use compare the meerkat simples peeps

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    i used quotes from mcn compare to get bennets to see their renewal cost was excessive,funny how the bikeinsurer ad says they have cheapest quotes but mcn compare is even cheaper although not by much.

8. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    How many meerkats have you now then? o_O

9. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Crazy thing is - some of the meerkats fetch serious money - check eBay.

10. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    we have a house full of the buggers but seriously how I do it is this use the compare sites like go compare and compare the market ect then compare the compare sites then I go direct to the company example working for a rather big yellow company Rolling on the river you get the idea they hiked my insurance and remember staff discount was applied I then found it cheaper online they said only for new customers and not existing this year previous five years rang them and got the discount so i left and used the orange boys at a third of the price.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Asda compare was £20 cheaper than the Meercats a big saving when we're talking £100 policy

12. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    £20 more is good I'm surprised that would save the 40 minutes of your life on the phone cancelling the auto renew:mad:

13. SixtiesBiker

SixtiesBiker Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Northern Ireland
    Bennetts wanted over £300 to insure my 2017 T120, Carol Nash done it for £130, including breakdown cover.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jerry Winder

Jerry Winder Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Brecon Beacons
    I've been with Carol Nash for years. They haven't always been the cheapest but when my missus was taken out by a muppet in Croatia they were brilliant. They sorted everything off the back of a couple of calls, transfer to hospital and all the treatment she needed, extended hotel stay while she waited until she was fit enought to fly, repatriation of the bike and repairs as well as repatriation of Marion. When we needed them they really stood up.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Rowley

Rowley New Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Milton Keynes
    My bad experience with Bennett’s insurance.... I took out a policy on line and my NCB proof was needed for the discount. So I chose “their” option to scan it and send it to them . I received an automatic receipt of my email so naturally assumed that was that.
    A couple of weeks later with no warning I received a letter stating that they’d now cancelled my insurance due to no proof of NCB .
    So now I’d been riding a couple of days with no insurance cover without knowing it. And they took a large cancellation fee off me from my reimbursement .
    I called them and proved to them that I had sent correct proof of NCB and can prove it , but unbelievably they told me it’s too late and I can take out another policy with them ,
    No apologies..no full reimbursement as it’s their error .
    That pissed me off so I took it up with their complaints department and in the end they finally gave me full reimbursement and £100 compensation..which I accepted of course .
    I didn’t use them again because of how they treated me initially and I don’t trust their admin at all .
    Now with Swinton .
    (Hope someone from Bennett’s reads this thread)

• Like Like x 1
  16. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    hope ur happy with Swinton i was for years but when I bought the modded zrx1100 as well as the r1 they were a nightmare asking for engineers reports,they didn't want my business so i went elsewhere (last 2 yrs bennetts no probs) and don't get me started about Bewiser total shambles long story.

• Like Like x 1
  17. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Bennets made such a balls up when I took out a policy as I said earlier, also would rather walk than take up with Adrian Flux after they ripped off both me and my brother some years back, never again with either!
    Flux & Plato, both losers!

18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I've just started a new policy for this coming year with Bennetts, best quote for dual bike insurance..
    Wessa

19. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    It's swings and roundabouts with insurance companies. When they need to attract business they issue lower quotes. Once they have a decent market share they can afford to quote higher premiums and take the cream.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SixtiesBiker

SixtiesBiker Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Northern Ireland
    No insurance company deserves loyalty from a customer, keep them keen, go for the least expensive quote with decent cover. I used to think loyality meant something with insurance companies but time and time again I found the renewal could be beaten, I wrongly though your insurance company would try and get you best best price, sadly they try to charge as much as possible.

• Agree Agree x 3