Bench Seat On Street Twin

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by Ericatcse, Apr 8, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ericatcse

Ericatcse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2020
    DUKINFIELD
    Hi guys thinking of getting a bench seat for my street Twin to give me a little more height and comfort. I look at them on the Triumph site and they state doesn't work with grab bar or accessory fittings.. I have a rack on the back as I use a Givi box , I can't see why the seat shouldn't fit any ideas or should I get onto my local dealer?
    Any one able to clarify?
    Thanks 20210112_160649.jpg

2. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    That does sound right because Triumph stated that my standard Street Cup seat would not work with a rack or grab rail and they are right, the underside fouls and the back of the seat won’t lock down in to place. This is why I have a Street Twin seat like yours.

I know that doesn’t specifically answer your question but at least you know it is a thing.

Cheers

Geoff

3. Ericatcse

Aug 7, 2020
    DUKINFIELD
    Thanks Geoff

4. Ericatcse

Aug 7, 2020
    DUKINFIELD
    Thanks for that I'll look out for another seat and get it recovered so that its higher and level with the passenger side.

5. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    The street twin seat has a slightly different base shape such that the seat isn't fouled by the fitting bolts of the rack.

Some have got the bench seat to fit by simply trimming back a little of the plastic webbing on the underside.

There are a few threads that cover it, though those that I've seen are over on triumphrat. There are likely some here too

6. Rn5150

Rn5150 New Member

May 23, 2023
    Rochester
    Triumph bench seat can be fitted with luggage rack with minor mod to seat base.

IMG_20230504_160357819.jpg

IMG_20230504_160500904_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 1