Been Busy Building

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ken walburn, Jan 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Been busy building this afternoon, a whole house in 30 minutes for our 3 year old granddaughter. Brilliant value. £20 from Lidl, amazing really. She's well chuffed :) similar house for sale £120 in Mothercare! All we got to do now is get her off to bed around . We are On sitting duty. Well what else would I be doing? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    New house!

IMG_0542.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  3. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Blue peter badge for you as long as you used sticky backed tape :D

4. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    So well designed, did not need any tools. It all interlocks, solid construction too. Quite impressed & trust me that doesn't happen very often. Just goes to show one doesn't need to spend a fortune. :)

5. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Saw a Dremel type drill/polisher thingy in Lidl today. £19.99 I believe it was with lots of tools included. Seemed a solid, weighty piece of kit. They also had an intelligent battery charger for £13.99(ish). SWMBO dragged me away rather quickly!:eek::(

6. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Some of the stuff is really good, but most of it is shite :worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    I have a Dremmel-type thingie that Lady Poppy got me for Chrimbo a few years ago. It says Woolworths on the case which how many years ago it was. Been very useful.

8. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I was quite surprised by its weight and apparent solidity. I'll probably regret not treating myself to it.:rolleyes:

9. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Credit where it is due......mine took five and a half years and I went through a couple of de Walts and various other power tools. Mine is a smidgen bigger maybe.....

10. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    I've had the Dremal type thingy for about 10yrs now, had to fix the chuck brake by drilling it through to insert a pin, other than that its great!
    Even got through most of the original bits and a box, now on the 3rd its been well used!
    Grind stones are a bit soft, thats all.