Beeline Moto Satnav

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by meepmeep, Mar 25, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Been mentioned here elsewhere but it really is worth downloading Calimoto to your PC, plotting your routes there and importing your resultant GPX file into Beeline from there. So much easier than trying to plot a route on the Beeline app. And you get interesting routes. Only disadvantage is that rerouting doesn't work on the Beeline for imported GPX routes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Also note that whilst the phone app for has area restrictions, importing from the PC does not!. ;)

3. neilb

neilb Active Member

Oct 8, 2019
    Billericay, Essex
    Sorry, but I don’t understand what you are saying here.

4. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Yes, sorry to be a bit vague but trying to be discreet. The free C app previously mentioned when used on the phone has area coverage limits - hope you can work out the rest for yourself.

5. neilb

neilb Active Member

Oct 8, 2019
    Billericay, Essex
    Ah, understood! I thought you were talking of the Beeline app.

6. pistonbroke

pistonbroke Senior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    I got the same offer as martin so if anyone wants a discount use this http://ridebeeline.refr.cc/jeremyh you'll get 10% off and i'll get a free accessory apparently ! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  7. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Mine arrived today, and they are smaller than I had expected, I started to think that visibilty might be a problem when on the bike :worried:. However I was pleasantly surprised just how visible they are... nice bits of kit :)

IMG_20201001_184807835.jpg IMG_20201001_184904547.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    It says on their site "Automatic backlight for night rides". Anybody checked that feature out yet ? Does it work well ?

9. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    It does not have a light sensor, so it is dependent upon sunrise and sunset times, or you can turn on the backlight manually.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. ChrisJHuff

ChrisJHuff Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2020
    County Durham
    #50 ChrisJHuff, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    DSC_3917.jpg sorry if its been covered - but can't go through what everyone rides...

useful little gadget and would love it for finding my way down the un-marked roads to castles / ancient monuments etc as I am want to do..

can this be used on a sprint...I have the RS... no clear section of handlebar to speak of... anyone used one on a sprint at all ??? how was it attached ??

cheers ... Chris

11. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Hi Chris.....have a look at the Beeline website.....and at the various mounts on offer.......you are likely to find one that will fit.

12. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    There are a variety of mounts, it comes with one which is a self adhesive post type mount that you could use on a flat surface. Also the main part of the mount that the device connects to uses the same join connector as a GoPro, so you can use any GoPro mount with the Beeline head connector. So you could maybe use a self adhesive GoPro type mount, something like this on top of your forks...

Screenshot 2020-10-03 133607.png

The picture in my previous post of the Beeline on my Bonneville is using a GoPro handlebar mount with the Beeline mount head.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. argyle12

argyle12 New Member

Jun 21, 2015
    PLYMOUTH , ENGLAND
    Just managed to pick one of these up for my speed triple 955. Can’t decide whether to mount it between the bars or next to the clocks ? What do you think ! Does it ruin the look of the clocks ?

IMG_5483.jpeg

14. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Where you've got it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    As @Gyp said:). It looks fine there (sort of balancing the Temp gauge) and you want it properly in your line of sight.

16. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    Failing eyesight comes to us all in the end. My arms ceased to be long enough in my mid 50s and I did a fair amount of computer work in my job, so specs it was, hated the blimin things. During one of my annual eye tests I asked about contact lenses.

So thought I would give them a try. No problems putting them in or taking them out and found a make that allowed me to use them for most of the day. The game changer came when I tried multifocal lenses. Just like the bifocal specs but as lenses. Won’t be without them now a true game changer. And I understand that they are now working on toric versions to deal with astigmatism as well.

if you decide to give it a go the most comfortable ones I have found which I wear daily are Total 1 which I buy from CostCo of all places.

17. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    One of our riding group has one of these units and the only criticism I have heard from him is that it can be a tad slow at times showing the way, necessitating a 180°.

• Like Like x 1