Featured Bbr - Preparations For 2020 Season.

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Bad Billy, Nov 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I don't know about anyone else but I have had enough of this winter bollox already! :rolleyes:

Well the season seems a long way off but it will creep up on me if I am not careful :eek:, so last weekend I started the preparations on next years Aprilia RSV-R Battle of the Twins race bike. :cool:
    IMG_4003.JPG

I needed a new trailer to get the bike & all the kit to the meetings, the old one was just too small & couldn’t take enough weight for the ever expanding spares & tools necessary to race.

I fitted a front wheel clamp and some strap rings in the floor to keep the bike in place whilst in transit. I needed to get this done as the bike is booked in at Aprilia Performance on Saturday 7th December to get the valve service & set up done.
    Box.jpg

My spannering skills really aren’t up to setting valve clearances & throttle bodies etc :confused:, so I thought I would leave it to the experts to get it done ahead of my first ride on the RSV. I have taken all the bodywork off now to make it easier to do the service. :)

I have 3 sets of bodywork that came with the bike, the Alitalia track day kit which looks very smart but the belly pan is not deep enough for racing, plus 2 used but serviceable sets of proper race fairings. I have already removed all of the stickers, a job made much easier by using a hair dryer to heat them first then a squirt of WD-40 to get rid of the clue left on the panel. Will get all the cracks & scrapes repaired ahead or them being painted courtesy of a mate who does body repairs.

IMG_4026.JPG IMG_4031.JPG IMG_4035.JPG

The spare bodywork needs refreshing & the odd repair here & there so planning on very similar looking paint jobs on both along the Alitalia idea that is on the track day kit. Not sure yet where I will source the decals from as the proper full kit for the RSV-R doesn’t seem to be available any longer.

IMG_4033.JPG IMG_4038.JPG IMG_4039.JPG IMG_4041.JPG IMG_4042.JPG

My mate is fitting it in as he can but have given him plenty of time, will post some pictures of the finished articles when I get them back.
    I will also report back on my experience with Aprilia Performance as they come highly recommended by other members on this forum as well as the Aprilia specific ones. :)

• Like Like x 7
  2. Duckadiledundee

Duckadiledundee Peasant First Class
    Subscriber

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    Very impressed...
    If you ever need a fully experienced trained professional mechanic and pit crew member I'm possibly not the man for the job..:confused:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I was gonna say I'll start your pit crew career on paddock stand duty ..... :p

• Funny Funny x 10
  4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member
    Subscriber

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Why don’t you let your race manager @Dozers Dad handle the hiring and firing of your pit crew Billy, it’s one less thing for you to worry about having DD around :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    o_O One less thing to worry about???? :eek:
    Having the DD around is THE thing to worry about, he bled the budget dry and did feck all last year! :p

• Funny Funny x 8
  6. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

Exactly, I take my managerial role seriously!...
    cartoon-caricature-of-rich-man-smoking-cigar-wearing-sunglasses-H967GX-1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 7
  7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    You never took nothing seriously your whole life mate! :p

I would love to know what photos you got of @Tiglet that keep him promoting you for the BBR team manager role, letting you near the team budget is like ... ermm? :idea: Letting @Yorkshireman have the keys to the Hobnob stash! :blush::joy:

• Funny Funny x 7
  8. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

Only myself & Tiglet need to know the answer to that question Billy! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member
    Subscriber

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Really?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    And I only had two hobnobs, don’t believe everything that Tiglet says. o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I have been reading that on your signature line for some time ;), I am sure my mate @Tiglet wouldn't lie to the forum :p he reckons it was you that made the packet of hobnobs disappear! :blush:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Forgot to mention that I also changed the low ride height bottom suspension plates, the guy I got it from was 'vertically challenged', I forgot to do any pictures as the job of changing the suspension linkage ended up being a pain in the arse, had to find a way of getting the weight off the shock first which I managed with an Abba stand & a wide bit of board on my bike lifter bench. Then couldn't get at all the bolts so had to take off the exhaust system, actually changing the brackets took 10 mins it was just all the mucking about to be able to get at them first! :mad:
    I will try not to forget pictures next time I do stuff as I know it keeps the inmates happy & no pictures mean it didn't happen. :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member
    Subscriber

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Not quite right Billy it wasn’t ‘the packet of Hobnobs disappear’ as in singular it was ‘those packets of Hobnobs disappear’ as in plural :eek:

14. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member
    Subscriber

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    That’s our secret Jez, don’t tell em ;);)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

You keep telling them that I'm a great team manager.
    And the pictures will stay safely locked away in my safe Dave :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  16. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member
    Subscriber

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Seriously Billy you couldn’t find anyone better suited for the role of BBR team manager.

You must have seen him in action at Donington,,,,he had a vice like grip on his,,,,,coffee cup o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I'll get Miss Marple on it (AKA @Yorkshireman ), but I have a fair inkling that it involves a goat o_O, a donkey :eek: and a lady boy :scream: from Madame Sins Pleasure Palace & Bang Bang House! What makes it worse is I think it was paid for out of the BBR race fund while @Dozers Dad was my Manager! :mad:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

I swear I didn't tell him any of that @Tiglet! :eek:
    He's obviously a lot more intuitive/intelligent than he looks! :kissing: :cool: :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    That and the team budget ... money ran out after Donington, that was the last time I saw DD ... or Hobnobs! :worried:

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Nah! I got the receipts from Madame Sins that itemises Goat, Donkey & Mr Dudwee!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1