Battery Tender Leads, Bonneville Speedmaster

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Traveller, Mar 17, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Traveller

Traveller Active Member

Mar 16, 2020
    New Jersey
    Greetings,
    I want to hook battery tender leads to my bike so that I can plug in whenever I want to and not remove the battery. Also so that I have a 12v power source if needed. My old bike had spare terminals (posts) in the fuse box to hook up to, I don't see these on the Bonneville Speedmaster. This bike by the way is set up basically like the bobber.
    Is there a way to hook up tender leads without going straight to the battery terminals?

Thanks in advance
    Bron

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi Bron, I had to hardwire to the battery and hang the plug down the blank on the left side.
    Does get dirty in winter but cap seals it ok.
    I have installed the assessories plug that you could rig up to charge with the bin plug??

A7FA2571-8664-4CF2-8EE1-602FC3E752C0.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. Traveller

Traveller Active Member

Mar 16, 2020
    New Jersey
    Thank You, great idea.

4. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #4 Wire-Wheels, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    I also keep a long pair of leads for mine with battery clips on one end, and the charging connection on the other in my tank bag when I am out and away. Long enough to get a jump off a car if my battery is dead or to jump a friends bike. Just watch the polarity if you make one of these up. Mine has a 15 amp fuse inline and is 14gauge wire. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. mjsdouble

mjsdouble New Member

Mar 21, 2021
    SoCal
    We attached a battery tender directly to my Son’s Speedmaster. GL

6. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    I’ve fitted a tender cable to my T100. I bought a cable on eBay, fitted one end to the bike with the trailing end tucked into the saddlebag.