Battery Charger In Aldi.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by crispey, Oct 12, 2017.

1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hi all
    Thanks to post about torx etc at Aldi's I popped into my local one for the box of heatshrink bits and noticed they had the battery charger back in. It's £13.99 and says it's a trickle and maintainer. Cars and bikes but not sure what type of batteries. @thebiglad is the expert on them I beleive

2. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    My Bonnie had a gel type battery and it looked after that with no problems through the cold, damp & snow last year while it was 'stood up'.
    The only problem I had was the leads to the battery broke where they go into the body of the charger, but I manage to get it apart and re-soldered them and the piled loads of hot melt glue around the leads at that point, no troubles since.

3. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    So would you recommend wire strippers, electrical screwdrivers and a hot melt gun are bought with the charger ? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I got one of these Aldi Intelligent Chargers - an English friend sent it over to me - and have used mine on bikes and car batteries and it has been faultless. Different programs for bike and car batteries, presumably to take into account the size and capacity differences.

All I can tell you is that they work, simple as that.

Incidentally, re the bike battery, I bought a plug to match the BMW accessory style socket on the Tiger and wired the charger to it, to make it dead easy after a ride to just plug in the charger - Voilà ! No battery weakness problems.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    you Could come out with anything after a visit to Aldi :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    My Bonnie has an Optimate socket fitted to the bike. I bought the Aldi charger last year and fitted an Optimate plug that I bought off fleabay for a couple of quid.

I can't fault it, it cost £14 and just works.

• Like Like x 2