Bar Riser Question

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Jeremy D, May 8, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jeremy D

Jeremy D New Member

May 8, 2021
    Yorkshire
    Hello All,

New to the forum, but long time Triumph owner. Genuinely asking for a friend, who I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with. He's fitted a pair of 20mm bar risers to a 2012 Street Triple R. He took it for a short ride and all seemed fine. He tried to take it out today and after a few minutes running, the engine management light came on and it stalled. Now, if he turns the key the management light comes on and it won't turn over. He says the cables are really tight with the risers on, especially the throttle. Is it possible that one of the cables has kinked or trapped the fuel line, and if it's not that, any ideas? Any thoughts, much appreciated.

Jeremy

2. Jeremy D

Jeremy D New Member

May 8, 2021
    Yorkshire
    Thanks for the reply. Very possible I suspect, I don't know how rough he'll have been, swapping the risers. I just assumed fuel from the way it stopped itself. I'll pass that on. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    He may have pulled a connector out from the wiring. That's first shot. Shouldn't ride the bike with cables that tight, either back to standard or new, longer cables.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1