Bar Riser For Street Twin

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Betty123, Jun 23, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Betty123

Betty123 New Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Northants
    As Triumph have been so stingy with the length of cables has anyone gone to the trouble of fitting a bar riser and new cables to their Street Twin or paid to have it done? I love my ST but my wrists are suffering and I think the riser will be the solution. Tia

2. Stan Field

Stan Field Member

May 6, 2018
    Bristol, UK
    Hi Betty, I can't believe you haven't had any replies to your question, I only saw it as it came up while I was searching on the net for the same thing. I've just bought a speed twin but not picked it up yet but I was going to contact the following people once I've got it, perhaps you could contact them, as you already have your bike, https://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/s...leh11103-20mm-25mm-30mm-up-options-7121-p.asp

3. Betty123

Betty123 New Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Northants

Thanks for your reply..... I had a word with my local Triumph dealer and had Scrambler bars fitted, not cheap but I'm VERY happy with them

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stan Field

Stan Field Member

May 6, 2018
    Bristol, UK
    I t
    Ah yes, I see what you mean, they are aren't straight up. Thanks for that.
    The same company also do the jack be quick spacers so I may try them https://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/jack-be-quick--handle-bar-riser-for-triumph-1011-c.asp

5. Stan Field

Stan Field Member

May 6, 2018
    Bristol, UK
    I settled on the following https://www.classicbike-raisch.de/e...1386/handlebar-lift-lc-20-30mm?number=CB11212

My grip with all this sort of stuff is that we always have to search the world for solutions to small problems for British developed, designed and engineered products, be it motorcycles or anything else, that fail to take into account the very basic, but real, issues that could be so easily addressed with a little more contact with the target customers. This forum is full of these sort of issues but Triumph dose not take any notice, and I would bet no-one from Triumph ever even looks at the comments or issues raised by customers on this forum, if only they would they would gain a whole lot from the experience of members, and make a whole lot more in product sales and customer satisfaction.

6. STAndy

STAndy New Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Lincs
    Hi, did they have to fit longer cables and wiring extensions or was there enough slack? Thanks.

7. STAndy

STAndy New Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Lincs
    Is there sufficient slack in the existing cables and wiring or did you need new cables> thanks.

8. Alan Jones

Alan Jones New Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Bolton UK
    Hi. I have just bought some Scrambler bar's off the Triumph dealer. And mine won't fit. Too big. I'm wondering if he sold me the 1200cc Scrambler pair. Could tell me what size thickness they are please.