Bagster / Baglux tank cover for 2015 Bonneville Newchurch fitting question

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by curly, Nov 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Good afternoon all,
    I am wanting to buy one of the above for my Newchurch, as outlined in a previous post.
    However, it appears to be rather more difficult than it ought to be!
    I have located on E Bay uk a Baglux cover that is being advertised for sale by a German company named Motea.
    It is blue and creme in colour, but looks to be a much paler blue than my tank, it looks like the Bonneville Spirit colour to me?
    It has the identifying code 1580d.
    It does not have the side cut outs to allow the metal Triumph tank badges to protrude through it which is correct for my badgeless, painted fuel tank.
    It is advertised as fitting the 2015 Triumph Bonneville T100 / SE.
    Despite the colour difference, which I could live with for the duration of holidays and longer trips out, I would be happy to buy this tank cover.
    However, I am not certain that it will fit my tank and do not want to get into a return to Germany saga if it doesn't fit.
    To try to establish if it will fit I have contacted a UK supplier of these covers and have given them the identification numbers that appear in the advert asking if they could confirm that it would fit my tank.
    They are unable to do so and state that this cover is not available to them in the UK.
    I have contacted the Triumph dealer who supplied my bike and asked whether they could confirm that my fuel tank is identical to that of the 2015 T100 / SE and whether the cover will fit my tank, they claim not to be able to give this confirmation and state that the cover ' should ' fit!
    I have e mailed Motea to ask the question but am awaiting a response.
    Is there anyone out there who can throw any light on this situation?
    Will this cover fit my Newchurch,or not?

Thanks in anticipation

Curly

2. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Motea have responded, the cover will not fit.

Curly

3. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Smilinjack,
    thanks for your reply.
    The 1568u cover is the one that will fit, according to Motea and as listed by NativeViking.
    The trouble is it fits a variety of models and has side cut outs for the Triumph tank badge to allow them to protrude through.
    My Newchurch has an unbadged tank and the side cut outs are not necessary for it.
    My concern is that the cut outs will allow weather and or foreign bodies to penetrate inside the cover and possibly damage the paintwork through chaffing.
    I'm really not sure what to do, decisions decisions!

Curly

4. Yorkie199

Yorkie199 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    • Like Like x 1
  5. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Thanks Yorkie 199,
    I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say.

Curly

6. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Yorkie 199,
    just e mailed them with the relevant question

Curly

• Like Like x 1
  7. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    You could always buy some tank badges :)

8. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    Any joy?
    Chris

9. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Chris,
    not a peep.
    From their website I filled in what they called a ticket, detailing the query and providing my e mail address and contact phone number.
    On completion it stated that someone would get back to me.
    To be honest I looked for a phone number but couldn't find one, perhaps I was looking in the wrong places?

Curly

10. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    The amount of websites that don't answer them tickets is crazy,anyway I just looked and there is an email address but doesn't seem to be a phone number [email protected]

11. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
  12. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Still nothing, have written them off as time wasters,odd really, isn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  13. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Been there already thanks, they looked into it and reckon nothing available.
    They did at least take the trouble to respond, twice, to my queries.

14. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    It is odd I wonder if they actually manage to sell anything,ah well it looks like your search continues.

15. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    To be quite honest Chris, I feel quite naive having provided personal data to what appears to be a fake web site.
    Having voluntarily provided the data, I suspect the only thing that they will sell is the data itself.
    Call me old fashioned, but in future, no phone number, no contact from me.
    This observation of mine will possibly de-rail the subject matter, hopefully not, someone out there might hopefully provide a solution?

Curly