Featured Back Safe From Scotland

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Vulpes, Jun 1, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Alectron

Alectron Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Northumerland
    Just got back from our annual trip to the isle of Harris and Lewis and sure we saw you all, about 8 T's on the M74?
    We got wet too! But had a great 10 days.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i've never been to the outer hebrides before,quite fancy taking the bike sometime though. Did you get the ferry from Ullapool?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bubble

Bubble Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Kent, UK
    Good oh.... what time did you get back ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    6pm mate. A leisurely ride down the A68 and A1 with plenty of arse-relief breaks. I think we made the right decision not to take the early bird breakfast, not having that extra to go like you, Rocker and Ken.

My hips needed the rest today, I can tell you. Arthritis and hours in the saddle aren't good companions ;)

Are you gonna make the GMU? You'll really enjoy it and be good to have your company again, B*W and all.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    1,647 miles and We are home !! Thanks everyone for a great trip and company .
    See you all at the GMU next :)

• Like Like x 12
  6. Alectron

Alectron Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Northumerland
    Ferry to Harris from Uig on Skye and return Stornoway to Ullapool, both fantastic experience and great food on board!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Yes nice crossings and reasonable value for money. I did it the opposite way, out of Ullapool and return to Skye.
    Anyone who hasn't been really should consider it but the weather is a lottery, I personally was very lucky. West of Lewis has a derelict military base and it has experienced signifcant winds over the years. There was a tale of the newly appointed Commander of the time asking for the house guy lines removing as they were a trip hazard....... I'm sure you can guess the rest :joy:

• Like Like x 1