Ay Caramba!

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by Baben, Jun 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Baben

Baben Active Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Watton
    Just booked my Tiger Sport in for its 12000 service with Lings in Watton. This is the big one - valve check. It's gonna cost me £695 (plus any surprises they find on the day). After I stopped twitching I looked up valve checks on the Tracer 900 - 24,000 miles. I will keep the Triumph for the moment but I don't think I'll be getting another one, sadly.

2. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    For the money. Tracer/MT09 variants are exceptional value for money. I've got a 17 plate MT09 and it easily outshines the Street 675 I had before.

3. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    You don't have to go to a Triumph dealer for servicing. I probably won't once the warranty expires. A chap I know in Sunbury runs a proper old fashioned bike service garage and he has always done a very thorough and meticulous job for me on previous bikes for sensible money.

4. Baben

Baben Active Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Watton
    I am on a pcp and so I am sticking with the dealer till that finishes but with all the electronics that are on the bikes now I think old school dealers are going to struggle.

5. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Blimey.
    Clive Wood Is £425
    I believe

• Like Like x 1
  6. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    My brother had his 675 triple done at stafforshire triumph.He was quoted £475 plus any extras if needed.He paid £445 and was really happy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Baben

Baben Active Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Watton
    Right, since peeps on here seemed to be getting a better deal I had a look around and have now booked in with Webbs at Peterborough - £499 inc Vat. The chap there said he would make a decent margin on that price and would throw in some things not actually on the schedule. I was shocked at the price difference to be honest. Even better as Webbs are also a Yamaha main dealer I have booked out a Tracer 900 GT for the day.........Should know whether I like it or not after a day of hooning round East Anglia.

• Like Like x 1
  8. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Make sure they do suspension linkages.

9. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Don't have to have dealer service if on pcp. As long as vat registered premises, following schedules, it won't make any difference to the agreement. Save your monei say.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Hope you don’t mind me asking Baben, but what year is your Tiger Sport?