Avon White Wall Tires

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by MPTriumph, Oct 4, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MPTriumph

MPTriumph Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2021
    Commiefornia, USA
    Hi all. I am thinking about putting some white wall tires on my street twin. Does anybody here run them on their bike? Any comments or concerns with this idea. I like them because they seem to give a motorcycle a nostalgic look. :)

2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    They do look cool, MPTriumph, but my hubby had some whitewalls on his 2013 H-D Road King Classic and they were a bear to keep looking good. He liked them a lot but didn't miss them when he got a different bike than didn't have whitewalls.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    White walls do look great on the right vehicle, bike or car. I had some on a Jaguar I owned years ago. They were factory made Dunlops, rather than black walls with the white painted/stuck on, so were quite durable but still a nightmare to keep clean.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I had them on my thunderbird LT. They were Avon Cobra I think. They look great but as has been said they are difficult to keep clean.

5. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    It’s quite an American look, not to my taste personally but could look good on the right bike.

Something like this perhaps? https://pin.it/FhaHbhP

6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Here is a picture of my LT....
    20180414_124917381_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. MPTriumph

Sep 12, 2021
    Commiefornia, USA
  8. MPTriumph

Sep 12, 2021
    Commiefornia, USA
    well, I might just try a set and see how they are. I don't plan on riding in any muddy or really dusty areas....that said, you never know! LOL. I really like the way they look.

9. jurkka

jurkka New Member

Jan 14, 2022
    Finland
    interesting to see- i am just thinking about fitting whitewalls to my ”new” 2003 america. i suppose the sizes are available to its rims too… now are those fenders from hd or self made?