765 Auxillary Lights?

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Pat M, Sep 13, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pat M

Pat M New Member

Mar 18, 2022
    York
    The visibility with the dipped headlight is very poor on my 21 765 Low, seems to me that a pair of auxiliary lights would help in this space and stop so many cars pulling out in front of me.

Has anyone on here taken this path?

what lights did you buy and where did you attached to your 765 please?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Pat M
    Keep us up on this one as like you sick of people saying didn't see you or blinding me with there lights. Joe

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Amazing Grace
    I’m about to go down this route. For mounting points I will probably be utilising the two unused M8 tapped holes on the underside of the bottom yoke adjacent to the fork stanchions.

This will mean a bespoke bracket to position the two auxiliary lights on the outside of the fork stanchions. Ideally for the bracket to come around the stanchion from the rear to minimise visibility.

Whilst the Denali units are the market leaders these are the units I will probably go for, at least initially, purely on a cost basis as the Denali units are in the region of £350 for a pair. They have both dipped and main beam capability.

As soon as I have sussed out the bespoke bracket design I will draw it up on CAD and post a dimensioned pdf on here for you to have a look at to comment on. The bracket will probably be out of 3mm ally as that is what I have to hand. So watch this space.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pat M

Pat M New Member

Mar 18, 2022
    York

Hi mate

So I have had Denali before and they are really good, so settled on that.

The bespoke option sounds good, I am also considering the Denali Inverted fork mounts, but I think I would perhaps have to remove teh reflctive strips that are attached to the forks AND of course the lights will be aligned to fork movement rather than main body of the bike..

please share your pdf when you it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Loads to choose from on ebay as you've discovered no doubt. I don't have a 765 but I see it's a naked bike so I'd fit them to or around the bottom fork clamp near the headlight. I fitted a pair of these.....https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/27559760...D1FZTpokOGMMd6w9u1yvoS710=|tkp:Bk9SR_601tTVYg....to my SS and also replaced the OEM halogen H4 bulb with a LED. The difference is, erm.......night and dayo_O
    One of the lamps has took a hit from something and has a cracked lens so I've got my eye on a pair of these....
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/31458956...xa+awBSBL0v2SbBX9nUImH3cA=|tkp:Bk9SR4j0ltTVYg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Amazing Grace

The main reason I settled on the ones I hyperlinked was they have both main and dipped beam functions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Just fitted these after one of the old ones suffered a cracked lens. Tried them in the garage and they're actually a bit brighter. I feel a night time excursion/shakedown test coming on.:)

IMG_2494.jpeg

IMG_2495.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Amazing Grace
    Having measured the underside of the bottom yoke my original ideas as to mounting the auxiliary lights by using the tapped holes found in the yoke underside is not going to look pretty. Incidentally the holes are M6 not M8.

However I have found these and these enabling the lights to be mounted on the fork stanchions. I favour the first option because it gives a tube to clamp the light on or a hole at the end of the tube through which a screw will fit.

Alternatively you could use these to screw into the threaded holes in the yoke underside but the lamps would be, in my opinion, be too close together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pat M

Pat M New Member

Mar 18, 2022
    York
    so I have bought Rentec engine bars and Denali d2 with auto dimming kit.

will post pics when I have fitted it all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pat M

Pat M New Member

Mar 18, 2022
    York
    Do in the end put Renntec engine bars, Denali D2 with data dim controller.

IMG_5562.jpeg

IMG_5561.jpeg

IMG_5561.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Amazing Grace
    I opened up a dialogue with the Triumph after sales team asking how much spare electrical output my Striple has for the likes of auxiliary lighting etc.

The replies I received were vague but opined about 5amps but not much more.

12. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Amazing Grace
    I opened up a dialogue with the Triumph after sales team asking how much spare electrical output my Striple has for the likes of auxiliary lighting etc.

The replies I received were vague but opined about 5amps but not much more.

The 660 and the 900 Tigers show in the configurator the option of a pair of fog lights. So having established that both of these Tigers and my Striple have the same alternator and all three being triples should have the same or very similar base electrical demand I asked what the wattage of the “high power LED fog lights” were. The answer received was 10.8 which surprised me because I’ve never seen a lamp wattage specified so precisely, also it wasn’t stated whether this was for each lamp or the pair.

On seeking further clarification the Triumph guy has told me that “they have provided me with the information I have requested, and that is as far as they are prepared to go.”

I have no idea where these after sales people are located but don’t be surprised if the response you get is incomplete or unsatisfactory.