As I Mentioned Few Niggles To Sort On Harley

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TEZ 217, Jul 7, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Ok guys you all know i have a harley fat bob now,o_O and it has a wee niggle to sort that stops you dead, :mad: the insurance kicked in yesterday so even though up to my eyeballs with things to do took it for a ride out, massive difference to deal with, Difference in handlebars, controls etc, but getting there,
    Well story is when i saw bike it wouldn't start, :worried: owner tried and away it went, he explained only done it once for him so he pressed the horn he says and yes realise it sounds stupid so dismissed it myself but the bike started,:eek: The guy brought the bike down to me from Aberdeen on arrival he told me the buggar had again refused to start so he hit the horn again and away it fired, So having got the bike that night I needed to change out the optimiser cable, while doing it I set off the alarm :mad: then it wouldn't start at all for me and yes I tried the horn :( but nowt, checked fuses all three of them, checked wires I could, took Rt hand switch gear apart as much as I dare (that side has Right Ind, run/stop switch, and the start button on, before you mention the bloody horn is on the left, :rolleyes:
    Ok full day wasted until 5.30pm spoke to Glasgow harley who looked after the bike, also Newcastle Harley both couldn't understand the issue at all, bike was heading into Newcastle until they said van driver was off for two weeks so couldn't pick up :mad: So 6pm having completely given up went into garage to look once again, sat aside bike lifted side stand pulled in clutch made sure run switch was on, got ignition lights as usual, but nothing,
    Now on harleys you keep the fob on you and bike recognises this and starts but you have a five figure code to start the bike in case of emergencies, this is done by way of left and right indicators left to input each number right indicator locks number in and moves to second digit during my non start this would not work the right indicator would not lock in number or move to next :mad:
    Having done all I could I sat on bike after kicking the bastard :D in neutral held in clutch pressed start and nowt so at the same time as this hit the horn continuously which I never done before cos dont wanna piss off neighbours and IT STARTED :cool::cool: HOW ? WHY ? WHO KNOWS since then all been good until today quick jaunt out for an hour popped by mates for a coffee and as I signalled RT to enter his street no indicator on right side, engine management light on but bike running ok, turned it off on arrival, 20 mins later and one coffee later having been worried it wouldn't start and the buggar didn't YES I blasted horn and pressed start button but nothing happened, looks like module in Rt switch gear may be suspect (nothing else comes to mind) Box module has Rt ind, run.stop switch and start button on it, the horn situation I feel is purely coincidence but for now bike is dead in my mates garage, gotta sort out getting it home tomorrow between a million other jobs, we are away on wednesday in motorhome to Lincolnshire, while away brickies moving in on Friday to start the build. I could have done without all this but as you know SHIT HAPPENS.
    Not going to worry about it until I'm home !!!

• Like Like x 11
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

71BACB44-3E19-4A8C-937E-4A653BA44A32.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Well I hope you get it sorted but I think it’s very brave of you to buy a modern bike with an electrical problem, even at a bargain price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hope it gets sorted mate - I bloody well hate electrical problems! :mad::mad::mad:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That is annoying Tez, hopefully it is an easy fix. as far as I know the 5 figure indicator thing is only used if your battery in your key fob is dead, they advise you to replace it every couple of years (it's a small flat battery like the one you put in a watch) I have 2 key fobs and I replace the batteries every 3 years or so,

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steve 998cc

Steve 998cc Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2019
    leicestershire
    Hope you get it sorted, but it's kind of self inflicked you should have known better that to buy a heap of Milwalki pig iron.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Firstly , check its not a Ducati :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    1562781752817-1593583891.jpg Just away today few days in motorhome to Lincolnshire, just before I left made sure all OK for Brickies coming in on Friday also couldn't resist a check on my bike after it let me down on Sunday.:mad: Wiggled this and that few times and it started :D just gotta find the correct bit I wriggled,
    Worry aboot it later its just gone 7 pm here and it's scorching :cool:
    Niggles - What niggles

• Like Like x 12
  9. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Intermittent electric problems are the feckin worse. Just makes you not trust the machine, so frustrating, especially when it's your new toy. :oops:
    Hope you get it sorted:cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

So are we gonna see the hardly at the GMU :confused:

11. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Reverse polarity problem?? Bad earth??

12. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  13. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    You'll see me whatever happens I'll be there on four wheels and all me shite in the boot and rear seat.
    Won't let my fans and followers down

• Like Like x 1
  14. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    That's an idea why didn't I think of that;)
    They gotta have something to whinge aboot. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  15. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Sorry no trailer or tow bar (stands back in disbelief) on camper.

• WTF WTF x 1
  16. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Here-
    Screenshot_20190711-094218.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Mr F-cksake what a name for a book on explosives.

• Agree Agree x 2