Artificial Intelligence

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wire-Wheels, Apr 17, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I have been getting a laugh out of the news lately. A lot being said about A.I. Now they are saying that if you are in school and want to write an essay, all you have to do is call up an A.I. app, and it will write it for you. Now I know my experience is old. To some of you I am totally pre-historic, but when I was doing automation programing back in the "caveman era", a computer did not know any more than the guy who programmed it. Getting back to this thing about having an essay written for you by an A.I. app.. Does that mean that the diploma you get for your efforts is also artificial ? I DO see a number of people walking around out there that I would label as "Artificially Intelligent". ...J.D.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    You are so right!!! I love your posting.;)

3. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Cant we just use AI instead of politicians?
    be a lot cheaper and maybe no worse.
    Then we could use parliament for rent instead of it always being an ever increasing rising cost and charge those in the House of Lords the same price our pensioners pay for care.
    Just some blue sky thinking!!!!!

Honest I am not AI ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    You have a good point about the politicians. But this whole thing makes me wonder about the quality of the people coming out of college. If they have to cheat to that extent to get a passing grade, I certainly don't want them on my jobsite. Again "Artificial Intelligence". ...J.D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OhioDavey

OhioDavey New Member

Mar 14, 2023
    Chardon, Ohio
    I was just joking to my wife the other day, I told her that I am soooo damn glad that AI has come to us, just about the time when my real intelligence is about spent.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I THINK my thought processes are still intact, but if you ask me a question for today, you had better ask it yesterday...J.D.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    I'm of an age where AI is what they do to get cattle pregnant

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    At 77, I cannot do as much as before. As a retired engineer, I try to keep challenging my mind. If you don't use it, you lose it. No A.I. thank you. I need to keep my natural intelligence as long as God will allow. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OhioDavey

OhioDavey New Member

Mar 14, 2023
    Chardon, Ohio
    I am also a retired engineer and the feeling is mutual. Gotta have yur daily mental stimu, to keep sharp. Luckily, I am a musician and have a home studio. That is a world of interest and hobby to keep my mental stimu.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Not a musical speck in my whole DNA, I am afraid. You have to make your music however you can. One thing is for sure. No "Artificial Intelligence" was used when creating the laws of physics, the Periodic Table of the Elements, or the other great things of the universe we enjoy playing with as engineers. ...J.D.

Lathe.jpg

Garage-02-2020.jpg

• Like Like x 1