Arrow Slip-on Silencers High Level Bargain Price Removable Baffle Version

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Bomber, Aug 18, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bomber

Bomber Member

Aug 4, 2017
    London
    These are the official cans with the removable baffles (reckon they were surplus US stock as not originally available on the UK web site)
    They have been reduced by over half the original price.
    I am having mine fitted now but Triumph UK are showing low stock so be quick.
    Make sure you order the correct ones otherwise you will get the standard non removable baffles:

ARROW SLIP-ON SILENCERS
    PART NUMBER: A9600635

£484.99

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Might also just be old UK stock (I need to check part number), pre Euro4 bikes (ie > 2015) had removable baffles in the UK too. I got a set about a year ago from one of the dealers at half price then, at one stage just before the '94 "special edition" they were being offered as one of the free deal options. I suspect there's been a few not taken up and gathering dust. Euro4 rules mean the baffles are not supposed to be so easily removed so I suspect Triumph can't sell them anymore in Europe as an approved accessory.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    No, was a different part number......

upload_2017-8-18_15-50-31.png

But I'm cynical as to whether pre/post Euro4 bikes actually need different silencers?
    Possibly just different markings for change in noise regs?
    [​IMG]

4. Bomber

Bomber Member

Aug 4, 2017
    London
    Hmmmmm I am feeling less smug as found that part number on a few sites including triumphs. Does anyone know if the mountings and link pipes are exactly the same for the current Speed as the previous model? I cant imagine Arrow made a completely new end can and link pipe either.
    Several dealers and Triumph UK said older versions wouldn't work, just marketing blah ????
    http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/accessories/performance/2013/arrow-half-exhaust-system-a9600386

5. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Markings on the can, for what it's worth.
    upload_2017-8-18_17-37-20.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Bomber

Bomber Member

Aug 4, 2017
    London
    Thanks for the pics.
    I dont think there are any Euro Markings on the ones I have, just USA compliance notes. Its somewhat strange as nothing on the Triumph site states that they are not road legal. When I pick the bike up tomorrow I will post some pics.

7. oi-nobbie

oi-nobbie New Member

Jan 21, 2017
    north london
    yes the mountings and link pipe are the same .....have the old style removable baffles on my 16plate

8. Batfink2907

Batfink2907 New Member

Aug 3, 2017
    West sussex
    Hi all, I am told the older arrows cans and link pipe fit the 2016 on models by my local triumph dealer. The pic attached is of my 2015 model arrows cans which I considered moving on to my new 2016 model speedy, but decided to go low boy instead. By the way, these are for sale on gumtree, perfect order, and only £275 as I want a like minded rider to enjoy these great exhausts.

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1380.JPG

9. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    #9 Col_C, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Interesting....
    Identical markings on can, but you have a different link pipe to mine, pipes just slide inside cans on mine - very good fit - no clamps.
    (Original link pipe had clamps to OE cans but covered by trim plate)

10. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    look in great condition are they straight fit on 2011 speedy,I'm seriously tempted if they will fit my 2011 speedy

11. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    #11 chuk, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    By the way, these are for sale on gumtree, perfect order, and only £275 as I want a like minded rider to enjoy these great exhausts. Have sent message to your mobile if you can post may well be interested thank you.

View attachment 20517

View attachment 20518 [/QUOTE]

12. Bomber

Bomber Member

Aug 4, 2017
    London
    As Col C says the older pipes had clamps and a compression style fit whereas the newer ones are a slip on with design with no means of tightening them.
    I am not sure if the older version will fit current model as part number is different.
    The current Arrow pipes are:
    Removable baffles A9600635
    Non removable
    NUMBER: A9600773 E approved non removable baffles.

Make sure you get the right ones and check they fit your specific Vin number.
    The link is a PDF sheet with info for the newer fitment Col C has part No ending 773 and mine are the non EU marked ones part no ending 635.
    http://triumphinstructions.com/proddocs/a9600386-us.pdf

13. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow

14. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Not quite, ....as posted above the Arrows that I've fitted the part number ends in 386.
    Also my comments about clamps was referring to standard cans and link pipe. Hadn't seen Arrows with clamps before.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bomber

Bomber Member

Aug 4, 2017
    London
    Sorry Col C I jumped the gun there, from what I can see and the fitting instructions part numbers A9600386 and A9600773 are exactly the same.

16. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Yes :), looks that way from the fitting instructions you posted, probably just something to do with selling in different countries.
    From the photos Batfink posted I assume there must be yet more versions (older?) that uses clamps, which are not shown in the fitting instructions.
    There was a major update (2011 I think) when the Speed changed from round to "Edna" lights with significant body/chassis changes too, maybe these are from around that period?

17. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    the fitti
    and you seem right the version with clamps seem to be for the round light model although they seem to fit batfinks later model,what difference if any i don't know bur fit they do.

18. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Presumably they dropped the clamps for cosmetic reasons. Main and sub-frame are significantly different in the 2010-2011 update, so I expected the mounting point for the cans to be different.....but sounds like not so.

19. Bomber

Bomber Member

Aug 4, 2017
    London
    I had the remap done as my exhausts were dealer fitted andit was included in the price. No idea how differently it would have run without the remap. Two friends have the akropovic and SC slip on exhausts and both ran their bikes for a while before getting the triumph remap which is meant to be specifically for the Arrow system. They both reckon fueling is now better at low speeds when feathering the clutch and throttle through traffic, and that overall it feels better with the remap. A Triumph mechanic told me that the bikes ECU would automatically learn and remap the requirements of a new slip in exhaust. To be. honest I'm not sure how true that is because what would be the point of a remap if the ECU does it automatically.
    From previous experience with an older speed and a new ZZR1400 i have had great results after installing a custom map specific to the individual exhaust and some dyno time. Decent increases in power but made both bikes feel so much nicer with really clean power delivery. The Kawasaki was a pig in traffic prior to this. But as the custom map replaces the Triumph one it is likely to invalidate any warranty claim. So unless my bike starts misbehaving I will leave that until i am out of warranty.

20. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    The ECU does in fact actively learn from the system although I suspect only within certain parameters, I can only assume the remap goes beyond that and/or maybe just changes the base settings. There are two ways of forcing the ECU to re-learn its settings and is known as "Reset Adaption":-
    1. If you have TuneECU connected there is a button to activate a reset.
    2. A more convenient way is (with bike on side-stand) to just switch on and start up without touching the throttle and leave running for about 15 minutes. (I usually leave it until the fan kicks in)
    Presumably if left alone the system would adapt to any changes eventually anyway.

I've experienced proof of this in both directions, SWMBO was acting as "tail end charlie" for a group ride out I was leading (for friends in a B#W club - so you can imagine how slow that was :p). Anyway after riding so slow for so long her Daytona675 had learnt bad habits and was running like a pig.....did a reset via option 2 and all was hunky-dory again.

Case proven IMO :grinning:

• Like Like x 1